Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note 2 Restarting Issue

Tip us?

SPV2010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy Note 2 Restarting Issue

I have been having problems with my phone recently. It's a galaxy note 2 and has Phoenix ROM on it. It's using a 4.4.2 ROM, but it was upgraded from a 4.3 ROM. I was using my phone on 4.3 ROM and after a while it started to get problems with restarting randomly and it kept losing root permissions, so i decided to try to fix it by putting a new ROM on. That didn't work, so i rerooted the phone and, reflashed the recovery formatted my entire device and fixed partitions. This fixed the permission problems, but my phone still keeps having issues. It keeps restarting randomly and the phone often won't respond when the power button is pressed, whether or not the screen is on. I also have a gesture suite that allows me to turn off the screen if i do a gesture, but this isn't working to turn it off either. The ROM also flashed a new kernel, so it can't be the kernel.

SPV2010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump. Can anyone help? This is making my phone unusable.

pakure
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Could be the bootloader. .. you need at least mj5 bootloader or the newer bootloader. .. reboots happen with older bootloader

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 2
my androids

10 incher: ASUS Transformer 300 pad (with dock) with stock 4.2.1

8 incher: GALAXY NOTE 8 (N5100)

7 incher : NEXUS 7(2013)

5.5 incher: GALAXY NOTE 2 (N7100): the BE(A)ST phone: ditto note3 v5

4.3 incher: HTC HD2 : pdaimatejam's WP7.8 on nand and tungsten's CM 10.1 based rom on native sd

OTHER: CHROMECAST

also supporting two nexus' 4 at home (brother's and my wife's)