Post Reply

update official rooted kitkat rom

OP ho3yn89

11th July 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
guys my phone is rooted and running kitkat france,i saw a newer update on sammobile, i wanna update my phone,someone told me to try faking your device status with wanam xposed and do it via OTA , but after doing that, the device status is still custom, how and where can i find this official update file to flash it through philz recovery?
Last edited by ho3yn89; 11th July 2014 at 12:13 PM.
11th July 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #2  
erljayp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho3yn89

how and where can i find this official update file to flash it through philz recovery?

I guess you need to download the latest stock rom for your GN2 from sammobile and install it using Odin.
11th July 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by erljayp

I guess you need to download the latest stock rom for your GN2 from sammobile and install it using Odin.

that was VERY helpfull !! seriously is there any chance doing that update without loosing any data ?
12th July 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #4  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,643
 
2,738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho3yn89

that was VERY helpfull !! seriously is there any chance doing that update without loosing any data ?

Back up your current data using titanium back up,then update to the newer firmware,re root it and then restore the user apps via titanium back up(don't restore system apps might give FC's)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank