Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

update official rooted kitkat rom

Tip us?

ho3yn89
Old
(Last edited by ho3yn89; 11th July 2014 at 12:13 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default update official rooted kitkat rom

guys my phone is rooted and running kitkat france,i saw a newer update on sammobile, i wanna update my phone,someone told me to try faking your device status with wanam xposed and do it via OTA , but after doing that, the device status is still custom, how and where can i find this official update file to flash it through philz recovery?

erljayp
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho3yn89 View Post
how and where can i find this official update file to flash it through philz recovery?
I guess you need to download the latest stock rom for your GN2 from sammobile and install it using Odin.

ho3yn89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by erljayp View Post
I guess you need to download the latest stock rom for your GN2 from sammobile and install it using Odin.
that was VERY helpfull !! seriously is there any chance doing that update without loosing any data ?

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho3yn89 View Post
that was VERY helpfull !! seriously is there any chance doing that update without loosing any data ?
Back up your current data using titanium back up,then update to the newer firmware,re root it and then restore the user apps via titanium back up(don't restore system apps might give FC's)