Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more
Post Reply

[Q] Install CM10.1 over CM11

OP mrgwin

24th August 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Help!
I'm on CM11 (latest nightlies) and there's a lot of bug here
so I wondered If I can flash CM10.1.3 (stable) via TWRP Recovery while i'm on CM11 is possible?

(Flash CM10.1 over CM11)

Thanks in advance
24th August 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #2  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 893
 
4,094 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgwin

Help!
I'm on CM11 (latest nightlies) and there's a lot of bug here
so I wondered If I can flash CM10.1.3 (stable) via TWRP Recovery while i'm on CM11 is possible?

(Flash CM10.1 over CM11)

Thanks in advance

Possible Yes, advisable No.

You're likely to come across loads of app crashes or other problems if you flash CM10 over CM11. It's best to backup apps with Titanium backup Pro, and your SMS etc with SMS Backup. Makes sure contacts are synced to google as well.

If you're having problems with nightlies flash the SNAPSHOT version, That is the most stable out of CM11.

Which issues are you having, I am on CM11 and not had any real issues?
25th August 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST

Possible Yes, advisable No.

You're likely to come across loads of app crashes or other problems if you flash CM10 over CM11. It's best to backup apps with Titanium backup Pro, and your SMS etc with SMS Backup. Makes sure contacts are synced to google as well.

If you're having problems with nightlies flash the SNAPSHOT version, That is the most stable out of CM11.

Which issues are you having, I am on CM11 and not had any real issues?

What If I wipe my data and reinstall all the apps?

P.s. I'm having the Camera issue, often showed up " Can't connect to the camera" Which didn't happen on Touchwiz Rom
25th August 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #4  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 893
 
4,094 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgwin

What If I wipe my data and reinstall all the apps?

P.s. I'm having the Camera issue, often showed up " Can't connect to the camera" Which didn't happen on Touchwiz Rom

Yes, that will be fine. What I was referring to that is not advisable is a non-clean flash (keeping data).

I have had the Camera issue on various nightlies and needed reboot. There is a app in store that enables you to fix camera when you get this error which is better then rebooting device.

As far as I remember I didnt have the camera issue on CM11 Snapshot.
26th August 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST

Yes, that will be fine. What I was referring to that is not advisable is a non-clean flash (keeping data).

I have had the Camera issue on various nightlies and needed reboot. There is a app in store that enables you to fix camera when you get this error which is better then rebooting device.

As far as I remember I didnt have the camera issue on CM11 Snapshot.

Thanks! But what android version of CM10.1 is ?
I heard that it's 4.2.2
is it okay to flash while i'm on 4.4.2? (No IMEI lost issue or hard brick?)

Thanks again
26th August 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #6  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 893
 
4,094 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgwin

Thanks! But what android version of CM10.1 is ?
I heard that it's 4.2.2
is it okay to flash while i'm on 4.4.2? (No IMEI lost issue or hard brick?)

Thanks again

The no IMEI/brick etc are caused (afaik) by n00bs flashing wrong device rom or corrupt archives or flashing is interrupted etc.

Just wipe device and flash new rom in recovery, You should be fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank