Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone cannot be charging while in OFF mode

Tip us?

kingamok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Plug [Q] Phone cannot be charging while in OFF mode

Hello all,

The problem is i can not charged my phone when the phone is switched off. When i inserted the power cable it will automatically switch on the phone then it will charging normally. I am on Phoenix ROM V18.8. Your kind feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

soralz
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingamok View Post
Hello all,

The problem is i can not charged my phone when the phone is switched off. When i inserted the power cable it will automatically switch on the phone then it will charging normally. I am on Phoenix ROM V18.8. Your kind feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.
Flash ND3 bootloader. Once flashed you cannot downgrade back to non-Knoxed bootloader.

It will solve phone off charging and WiFi issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=2
Primary Gadget:
OnePlus One A0001 16GB White | Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly 4.4.4 ROM | PhilZ Touch Recovery 6 (CWM 6.0.4.9 Based)

Secondary Gadget:
Samsung Galaxy W Wonder GT-I8150 White | Cyanogenmod 11 Unofficial 4.4.4 ROM by arco68 | PhilZ Touch Recovery 6 (CWM 6.0.4.5 Based)
The Following User Says Thank You to soralz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingamok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by soralz View Post
Flash ND3 bootloader. Once flashed you cannot downgrade back to non-Knoxed bootloader.

It will solve phone off charging and WiFi issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=2
I am on DN3 ROM v5.2 now and i think it is using ND3 boot loader. The problem is still there. On the DN3 ROM thread i found this message "Please use latest KitKat Bootloader if you wish to be able to plug your phone while turn off." However i just can not find the KitKat boot loader file. Can i extract from the rom itself?

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1536
Quote:
I am on DN3 ROM v5.2 now and i think it is using ND3 boot loader. The problem is still there. On the DN3 ROM thread i found this message "Please use latest KitKat Bootloader if you wish to be able to plug your phone while turn off." However i just can not find the KitKat boot loader file. Can i extract from the rom itself?
Custom ROM don't provide bootloader.You need to flash ND3 bootloader from here via bootloader tab in odin on pc. See Here how to flash bootloader via odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingamok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
Custom ROM don't provide bootloader.You need to flash ND3 bootloader from here via bootloader tab in odin on pc. See Here how to flash bootloader via odin.
I have tried to flash it via jodin3 (on mac). But i am unable to check the option F. Reset time (grayed). These are the screenshot for you. Can i flash boot loader from TWRP?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 6.00.10 PM.png
Views:	14
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	2830250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 5.59.56 PM.png
Views:	12
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	2830251  

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1536
Quote:
I have tried to flash it via jodin3 (on mac). But i am unable to check the option F. Reset time (grayed). These are the screenshot for you. Can i flash boot loader from TWRP?
dude,what's in that PIT file? Or has it been always part of jodin on mac?I run it on windows so I am not sure why your error message is about PIT file.No bootloaders can only be flashed via odin.

soralz
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Don't mess with the checkbox, just select BL for the ND3 bootloader and start flashing.
Primary Gadget:
OnePlus One A0001 16GB White | Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly 4.4.4 ROM | PhilZ Touch Recovery 6 (CWM 6.0.4.9 Based)

Secondary Gadget:
Samsung Galaxy W Wonder GT-I8150 White | Cyanogenmod 11 Unofficial 4.4.4 ROM by arco68 | PhilZ Touch Recovery 6 (CWM 6.0.4.5 Based)

kingamok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have managed to flash ND3 bootloader through Odin using Windows. Thank you guys