5,815,061 Members 37,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] - N7100XXUFNG4(FND2) to N7100XXUEMK9(MJ9)

Tip us?

asin_punk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question [Q] - N7100XXUFNG4(FND2) to N7100XXUEMK9(MJ9)

Good day to all!!!

I've gone into bootloop, and having a hard time finding a link to my previous rom which is N7100XXUEMK9-COA(MJ9). So I decided to download at Sammobile a N7100XXUFNG4(FND2) -Philippines coz I'm from Philippines. And I flashed it thru odin. Installed PhilzTouch, rooted and done. After using it for a few days, while reading some threads to other forums. I finally found a link to my previous rom. I've successfuly downloaded it.

I'm just wondering if I can directly flash this N7100XXUEMK9(MJ9) back to my phone which is N7100XXUFNG4(FND2) now using odin again? Can I flash this without losing my IMEI, Modem, Wifi or my EFS being corrupted?

By the way 4.4 is fine. But on my own observation, it drains my battery faster than 4.3. So if there's a chance getting back to 4.3, maybe I'll grab the chance. If it's going to be complicated, maybe I won't do it anymore.

Sorry for a the long story. Hope somebody can help me. Thanks all.

asin_punk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Anyone? Please. Thanks.

(InsertNameHere)
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by asin_punk View Post
Anyone? Please. Thanks.
I am unsure about this, if you have upgraded bootloader, you are stuck with latest bootloader, however you can downgrade rom, unless I am mistaken.
The Following User Says Thank You to (InsertNameHere) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asin_punk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by (InsertNameHere) View Post
I am unsure about this, if you have upgraded bootloader, you are stuck with latest bootloader, however you can downgrade rom, unless I am mistaken.
Thanks. But actually this has been answered to the other thread of Dr.Ketan. Here's his post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=571

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan View Post
You can't downgrade with Odin if your existing bootloader is kitkat. Though you can use mobile din to downgrade to 4.3. And regarding IMEI, No one can say whether you will lose it or not because even you doing everything correct there are still minimal chances to lose it (any bad flashing can cause it) but make EFS backup and copy it to multiple places. I stroingly recommend to make backup efs in .img format (search play store for "Dr.Ketan Hindocha" and you will find IMEI Tool N7100/N900 which makes backup on said format)
and here is his thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post55098886

But anyways, thanks for your reply. Mod can now close this. Thanks.