Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [N7105] no OS installed / missing PIT Partition / ebay buyer is complaining!!

Tip us?

TazZHD
Old
(Last edited by TazZHD; 6th July 2014 at 02:36 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] [N7105] no OS installed / missing PIT Partition / ebay buyer is complaining!!

I have sold my n7105 on ebay running an actual Carbon ROM (4.4.x). (did a factory reset - booted into Android and checked if all personal user data was deleted and sold it that way)

The buyer is now complaining that the device is not starting and stucks at Note 2-device screen. The auction is a month ago and I got the device back yesterday...

In TWRP recovery I see that no OS is installed anymore. Even my microSD is not detected.

In PC Odin I tried to flash newest Samsung 4.3 stock ROM , but Odin tells that PIT partitions is missing!

What has happened to the device? Could an exhaustively discharged battery (and an electric shock) has led to a sudden death syndrome?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-05 14.07.52.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	2835932   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadedImage1404576285092.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	2835933   Click image for larger version

Name:	odin.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	2835934   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-06 15.18.17.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	2835997  

scariola
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazZHD View Post
I have sold my n7105 on ebay running an actual Carbon ROM (4.4.x). (did a factory reset - booted into Android and checked if all personal user data was deleted and sold it that way)

The buyer is now complaining that the device is not starting and stucks at Note 2-device screen. The auction is a month ago and I got the device back yesterday...

In TWRP recovery I see that no OS is installed anymore. Even my microSD is not detected.

In PC Odin I tried to flash newest Samsung 4.3 stock ROM , but Odin tells that PIT partitions is missing!

What has happened to the device? Could an exhaustively discharged battery (and an electric shock) has led to a sudden death syndrome?
My only guess, did you run the partition remapper tool found in the N7105 thread?

He made a flash able zip to revert now, if that's the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to scariola For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TazZHD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
sry, I cant find it..

Is it a tool for repartitioning? Do I need a PIT file then?

microlynz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Look man, I have Lost my phone Recently Like that
The problem as i thought first, Is in The EMMC card (Sudden death syndrome)
so I have do A JTAG JIG Unbrick for my NOTE 2
But I think that was a big ERROR, because JTAG has failled simply and the EMMC card is gone too...
So I'm now trying to change the Main board but it is too high price for me....
I thing that the loosing PIT Repartition means that the internal MEMORY is dead,
and I'm working hard to find the cause because so many members complain of this problem recently
The Following User Says Thank You to microlynz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TazZHD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
but what did you do?