Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone cannot be charging while in OFF mode

OP kingamok

2nd July 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello all,

The problem is i can not charged my phone when the phone is switched off. When i inserted the power cable it will automatically switch on the phone then it will charging normally. I am on Phoenix ROM V18.8. Your kind feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.
2nd July 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 160

654 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingamok

Hello all,

The problem is i can not charged my phone when the phone is switched off. When i inserted the power cable it will automatically switch on the phone then it will charging normally. I am on Phoenix ROM V18.8. Your kind feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Flash ND3 bootloader. Once flashed you cannot downgrade back to non-Knoxed bootloader.

It will solve phone off charging and WiFi issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=2
The Following User Says Thank You to soralz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soralz

Flash ND3 bootloader. Once flashed you cannot downgrade back to non-Knoxed bootloader.

It will solve phone off charging and WiFi issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=2

I am on DN3 ROM v5.2 now and i think it is using ND3 boot loader. The problem is still there. On the DN3 ROM thread i found this message "Please use latest KitKat Bootloader if you wish to be able to plug your phone while turn off." However i just can not find the KitKat boot loader file. Can i extract from the rom itself?
3rd July 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,748

2,877 posts
Quote:

I am on DN3 ROM v5.2 now and i think it is using ND3 boot loader. The problem is still there. On the DN3 ROM thread i found this message "Please use latest KitKat Bootloader if you wish to be able to plug your phone while turn off." However i just can not find the KitKat boot loader file. Can i extract from the rom itself?

Custom ROM don't provide bootloader.You need to flash ND3 bootloader from here via bootloader tab in odin on pc. See Here how to flash bootloader via odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

Custom ROM don't provide bootloader.You need to flash ND3 bootloader from here via bootloader tab in odin on pc. See Here how to flash bootloader via odin.

I have tried to flash it via jodin3 (on mac). But i am unable to check the option F. Reset time (grayed). These are the screenshot for you. Can i flash boot loader from TWRP?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 6.00.10 PM.png
Views:	14
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	2830250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 5.59.56 PM.png
Views:	12
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	2830251  
3rd July 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,748

2,877 posts
Quote:

I have tried to flash it via jodin3 (on mac). But i am unable to check the option F. Reset time (grayed). These are the screenshot for you. Can i flash boot loader from TWRP?

dude,what's in that PIT file? Or has it been always part of jodin on mac?I run it on windows so I am not sure why your error message is about PIT file.No bootloaders can only be flashed via odin.
3rd July 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #7  
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 160

654 posts
More
Don't mess with the checkbox, just select BL for the ND3 bootloader and start flashing.
6th July 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Thumbs up
I have managed to flash ND3 bootloader through Odin using Windows. Thank you guys

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread