No Pit partition Problem

OP kennethcolman

5th July 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Nino9

sorry for the lack of activity. deadlines for work have kept me away from here.
i have a MK4. i will send it to you now. i will hunt for MK9 in the mean time if MK4 fails. plus i'll answer your other question about boxes in few minutes.

No it failed I belive I am begining to give up. Is there a test to see if my EMMC chip is fried? Just would like to know for sure so I can write this one off. And purchase a beater and take the Mobo out and use it.
5th July 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #22  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 29

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethcolman

No it failed I belive I am begining to give up. Is there a test to see if my EMMC chip is fried? Just would like to know for sure so I can write this one off. And purchase a beater and take the Mobo out and use it.

Nope, the emmc isn't fried.
just that you have flashed a newer bootloader which doesn't allow downgrade and the only files i can find with split odin flashes are mj5 or before as well as mk4 whcih i attached.

have you tried to flash ND3 with the pit file? i get a feeling it'll fail as it's not split but give this file a try
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByGZ...VTg/edit?pli=1
it is N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF

just hope it works as you can restore it.

Off topic:-

i have purchased an octoplus box just for my ****ty note 2. i messed up my efs partition big time when i bough my note 3. i was downgrading to factory reset it to sell but i messed it up. i fixed it with octoplus but i couldn't repair the serial number, only imei which is a nightmare. i read the Z3x box could do that and had wished i purchased that instead. i say that because after each update i have to run a network repair or run a modem patched or azaria's patch. it's just a nightmare. so not only was i unable to sell it because i feel its unfair for the users but also i purchased a box for it to keep it running. i just put it on a 4.3 rom and have given it to my mum to use.

it depends what you want to do with the boxes and what devices you want to unlock or repair. each box has pros and cons.
if doing samsung phones, i'd recommend Z3x box or octoplus. octoplus has jtag built in. octopus doesn't but is cheaper. with octopus/plus you can do LG, samsung and sony phones but costs extra to activate each manufacture.
6th July 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #23  
Flag London

183 posts
More
Quote:

beware if you purchase a beater or any second hand device.
for example, how can you tell for sure that motherboard isn't fried or messed up? how can you tell it won't have water damage?
i see a lot of note 2 on a well known auction site that has a lot of notes with screen not switching on errors. it can be a lot of things that cause this.
also what if you buy one that shows everything is working but find out the device was reported lost or stolen? or the user might report it stolen after a week or so after you bought it?
i am not trying to scare you and i am sure there are only a few bad people out there and not everybody is bad. just saying do a risk assessment. probably cheaper to send it back to samsung for repairs than buy second hand. i am surprised people buy the note 2 for around 180 still. that is very expensive. i'd rather buy the Moto G 4G for cheaper than that.
The Following User Says Thank You to El_Nino9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #24  
OP Member

80 posts
Quote:

sorry for the lack of activity. deadlines for work have kept me away from here.
i have a MK4. i will send it to you now. i will hunt for MK9 in the mean time if MK4 fails. plus i'll answer your other question about boxes in few minutes.

I had another mother board that I thought was bricked and brought it back to life to my suprise. Yey wife's gonna be happy. but I have another problem wow just full of problems. huh the bootloader MK4 you gave me has Knox and the AP in the original seems to be region locked and with a limited amount of languages it just so happens my wife is Dominican and is more confortable having her phone in spanish. Question is I would like to flash DN3 V5+ a KK rom and want to have an idea how to get there I tried flashing a KK bootloader and it bricked again had to do the whole process over. I will be searching and reading if you can help me of the top of your head or direct me in the right dirrection thanks for all your help.

Well flashed the DN3 v5 but the sim card is still not being read by the card tried Galaxy Sim unlock and it says CSC is blocked I belive I need to flash CSC from my region for it to recognize my microsim so if you got an idea about that. Thanks ahead of time. I live in the Dominican Republic if that helps
Last edited by kennethcolman; 6th July 2014 at 05:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kennethcolman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #25  
Flag London

183 posts
More
Wink
Quote:

I had another mother board that I thought was bricked and brought it back to life to my suprise. Yey wife's gonna be happy. but I have another problem wow just full of problems. huh the bootloader MK4 you gave me has Knox and the AP in the original seems to be region locked and with a limited amount of languages it just so happens my wife is Dominican and is more confortable having her phone in spanish. Question is I would like to flash DN3 V5+ a KK rom and want to have an idea how to get there I tried flashing a KK bootloader and it bricked again had to do the whole process over. I will be searching and reading if you can help me of the top of your head or direct me in the right dirrection thanks for all your help.

Well flashed the DN3 v5 but the sim card is still not being read by the card tried Galaxy Sim unlock and it says CSC is blocked I belive I need to flash CSC from my region for it to recognize my microsim so if you got an idea about that. Thanks ahead of time. I live in the Dominican Republic if that helps

have you tried to flash a multi region rom?
you have a working ROM right? back up your EFS! use the custom recovery to back this up and user a EFS back up app.
trust me that is the most headache you can have( i have been there).
i only know region lock on Note 3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470551
i don't think you should try that.
what i think you should do is flash a custom rom with multi CSC and use a change CSC using an app from playstore to your region. for example try you can try this rom maybe http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2533611 (i'm no way linked to this guys firmware lol) that is the first firmware that came up when searched for multi csc n7100.
it has multi CSC so try flash after you make back up of everything including efs and nandroid and then put somewhere safe on the computer.
can i ask why did you flash a KK bootloader?
why didn't you just after you revived the phone flash a KK odin file for DN3? i had linked it above with google docs link i believe.
That would have flashed all the partitions to the KK stage and then you could have flashed recovery, and then you KK rom. would that not have been easier?

also please check your IMEI and serial number of the device if they are ok and not corrupted if you an unable to connect to your network.
if you have IMEI but serial number is all 0 or random rubbish in low case (like mine ) then you need to use a patched modem.
if it is that case i will send you to the right thread here.
6th July 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #26  
OP Member

80 posts
Quote:

you have a working ROM right? back up your EFS! use the custom recovery to back this up and user a EFS back up app.
i only know region lock on Note 3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470551
what i think you should do is flash a custom rom with multi CSC and use a change CSC using an app from playstore to your region. for example try you can try this rom maybe http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2533611 (i'm no way linked to this guys firmware lol) that is the first firmware that came up when searched for multi csc n7100.
it has multi CSC so try flash after you make back up of everything including efs and nandroid and then put somewhere safe on the computer.
why didn't you just after you revived the phone flash a KK odin file for DN3? i had linked it above with google docs link i believe.
That would have flashed all the partitions to the KK stage and then you could have flashed recovery, and then you KK rom. would that not have been easier?

also please check your IMEI and serial number of the device if they are ok and not corrupted if you an unable to connect to your network.
if you have IMEI but serial number is all 0 or random rubbish in low case (like mine ) then you need to use a patched modem.

Both IMEI and serial number are good. Next I will be checking if when I installed the mobo maybe a conector hardware problem. Thanks for your help I gotta go enjoy life a bit... don't have time right now. Will check it when I get back.
9th July 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #27  
OP Member

80 posts
Quote:

Update I was getting NO Sim we'll that problem was Hardware related. Changed out the Microsd and Sim carrier in the phone and it all works now. So thank's for all your help and take care.
The Following User Says Thank You to kennethcolman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #28  
Flag London

183 posts
More
Quote:

Update I was getting NO Sim we'll that problem was Hardware related. Changed out the Microsd and Sim carrier in the phone and it all works now. So thank's for all your help and take care.

glad to know you got the phone working buddy.
could you close this thread please?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread