Problem after edit platform.xml. No Internal Memory access, but some apps working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

genius88

Nov 20, 2008
I have problem like this. I've edited file /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml in stupid way. I'm tried to add a codeline that pre exists and I didn't saw that line, so I add <group gid="media_rw"/> in most pleasent place... on the end. :cowboy: After that and reboot I have no access to Internal memory, some apps like Titanium Backup don't have also, but most of it have. In file manager I can see how much of space left on it, but I can't see files, like a memory was cleared. I've tried to: swap edited file on oryginal (with permissions rw- r- r-); swap all folder permissions (with saved permissions on all files rw- r- r-); dirty flash ROM... and several other things that I've forgot at moment I'm writing this.
The most important thing. All content of moded file is below. And most most important thing, I'm trying to save my files in advance of flash.
Please help.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Copyright (C) 2008 The Android Open Source Project Copyright (C) 2013 Broadcom Corporation Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License. -->

<!-- This file is used to define the mappings between lower-level system user and group IDs and the higher-level permission names managed by the platform. Be VERY careful when editing this file! Mistakes made here can open big security holes. -->
-<permissions>
<!-- ================================================== ================ -->

<!-- The following tags are associating low-level group IDs with permission names. By specifying such a mapping, you are saying that any application process granted the given permission will also be running with the given group ID attached to its process, so it can perform any filesystem (read, write, execute) operations allowed for that group. -->
-<permission name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN"> <group gid="net_bt_admin"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH"> <group gid="net_bt"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH_STACK"> <group gid="net_bt_stack"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.NET_TUNNELING"> <group gid="vpn"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.SYSTEM_GROUP_INTERNAL"> <group gid="system"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.INTERNET"> <group gid="inet"/> </permission> -<permission name="com.sec.android.permission.CAMERA"> <group gid="camera"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.READ_LOGS"> <group gid="log"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"> <group gid="sdcard_r"/> <group gid="media_rw"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"> <group gid="sdcard_r"/> <group gid="sdcard_rw"/> <group gid="media_rw"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_ALL_EXTERNAL_STORA GE"> <group gid="sdcard_r"/> <group gid="sdcard_rw"/> <group gid="sdcard_all"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE"> <group gid="media_rw"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_MTP"> <group gid="mtp"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.NET_ADMIN"> <group gid="net_admin"/> </permission>
<!-- The group that /cache belongs to, linked to the permission set on the applications that can access /cache -->
-<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_CACHE_FILESYSTEM"> <group gid="cache"/> </permission>
<!-- RW permissions to any system resources owned by group 'diag'. This is for carrier and manufacture diagnostics tools that must be installable from the framework. Be careful. -->
-<permission name="android.permission.DIAGNOSTIC"> <group gid="input"/> <group gid="diag"/> </permission>
<!-- Group that can read detailed network usage statistics -->
-<permission name="android.permission.READ_NETWORK_USAGE_HISTOR Y"> <group gid="net_bw_stats"/> </permission>
<!-- Group that can modify how network statistics are accounted -->
-<permission name="android.permission.MODIFY_NETWORK_ACCOUNTING "> <group gid="net_bw_acct"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.LOOP_RADIO"> <group gid="loop_radio"/> </permission>
<!-- The group that releated with VPN -->
-<permission name="android.permission.SAMSUNG_MODIFY_ROUTE"> <group gid="net_admin"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.SAMSUNG_TUNTAP"> <group gid="vpn"/> </permission> -<permission name="android.permission.SAMSUNG_MODIFY_IPTABLES"> <group gid="net_raw"/> </permission>
<!-- The group that releated with VPN -->
-<permission name="com.sec.android.SAMSUNG_MODIFY_ROUTE"> <group gid="net_admin"/> </permission> -<permission name="com.sec.android.SAMSUNG_TUNTAP"> <group gid="vpn"/> </permission> -<permission name="com.sec.android.SAMSUNG_MODIFY_IPTABLES"> <group gid="net_raw"/> </permission>
<!-- The group that releated with URL -->
-<permission name="com.sec.android.SAMSUNG_GET_URL"> <group gid="secnetfilter"/> </permission>
<!-- Group that can use gscaler -->
-<permission name="com.sec.android.permission.USE_GSCALER"> <group gid="graphics"/> </permission>
<!-- Except for SysScope, DO NOT USE this permission. -->
-<permission name="com.sec.android.app.sysscope.permission.ACCE SS_SYSTEM_INFO_SYSSCOPE_ONLY"> <group gid="radio"/> </permission>
<!-- Group that can use gscaler -->
-<permission name="com.sec.android.permission.USE_CAMERA"> <group gid="camera"/> </permission>

<!-- The following tags are assigning high-level permissions to specific user IDs. These are used to allow specific core system users to perform the given operations with the higher-level framework. For example, we give a wide variety of permissions to the shell user since that is the user the adb shell runs under and developers and others should have a fairly open environment in which to interact with the system. -->
<assign-permission name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS" uid="media"/> <assign-permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_SURFACE_FLINGER" uid="media"/> <assign-permission name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" uid="media"/> <assign-permission name="android.permission.UPDATE_DEVICE_STATS" uid="media"/> <assign-permission name="android.permission.UPDATE_APP_OPS_STATS" uid="media"/> <assign-permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_SURFACE_FLINGER" uid="graphics"/>
<!-- This is a list of all the libraries available for application code to link against. -->
<library name="android.test.runner" file="/system/framework/android.test.runner.jar"/> <library name="javax.obex" file="/system/framework/javax.obex.jar"/>
<!-- <library name="javax.btobex" file="/system/framework/javax.btobex.jar"/> -->
<group gid="media_rw"/> </permissions>

Last edited:

genius88

Nov 20, 2008
I've just discovered that format sdcard gave me full access from ES File Manager. Before I have access, but when I've formated ext. sdcard it suddenly shown up in main window with shortcuts. Maybe when I delete proper file which administrate files I will gain access to internal memory and device start to work normaly? Which file on internal memory could be responsible for files strukture, memory access? But not working internet still will be a problem... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit

Thread Closed @ OP request

ronnie498
    Forum Moderator