[Q] Rooting Galaxy note 2 with TWRP

9th July 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Hello,
I had attempted to root my galaxy note 2using mark skippens android tool kit v 1.2.8. The note 2 build ends in MC2. its a sprint L900 phone with 4.1.2 android version. Odin seemed to work ok in loading twerp I got a blue RESET in odin when it finished. So twrp came up on the screen. I couldn't get out of it at first and I thought I had bricked the phone but then I determined by hitting "system" it would reboot. During the reboot, I noted that it said it was 'updating android apps' counting from 1 to 111 in my case for the number on the phone. When I got back into normal mode, I noticed in the messages window that it had a message to "tap to install su to root phone". I have not seen this procedurely anywhere in the root steps. So I don't know if I should just let it do it from the normal android mode or if I have something really wrong. I didn't execute it fearing that I would mess it up further. Although the phone seems to be ok otherwise. So it kind of seems like Odin didn't complete the "all in one" steps as noted in choice 5 where you pick the root procedure in the android toolkit. My question is then is where do I go from here?

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread