Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting and softing a custom ROM

Tip us?

marianmmn
Old
(Last edited by marianmmn; 1st September 2014 at 09:46 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Rooting and softing a custom ROM

Hello everyone !
I had bought recently an Note 2, 16gb, 2gb ram, 4.4.2 official, which works great, but I want to get on him Note 3 features (s-pen, air commands etc). Can someone help me which ROM is good for it, and how to install on the device ? ( I mention that the phone isn't rooted).
Please help me someone
Cheers !
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 -using
Samsung S2 I9105P - sold
HTC One X - cpu crash
HTC Touch Diamond - sold

marianmmn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
someone ? please ?
Samsung S2 I9105P - sold
HTC One X - cpu crash
HTC Touch Diamond - sold

asin_punk
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianmmn View Post
Hello everyone !
I had bought recently an Note 2, 16gb, 2gb ram, 4.4.2 official, which works great, but I want to get on him Note 3 features (s-pen, air commands etc). Can someone help me which ROM is good for it, and how to install on the device ? ( I mention that the phone isn't rooted).
Please help me someone
Cheers !
Hey try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2472270

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianmmn View Post
Hello everyone !
Please help me someone
Cheers !
First you need to root your phone and get custom recovery.Once that is done do a full back up of your stock ROM.Next is to get a custom ROM of your choice with the features you mentioned above and do a full wipe(erase the stock ROM) and then flash the custom ROM of your choice.There are few available with the features you need such as DN3,Dr ketan,phantom .jellykat and few more.Don't ask which is the "best ROM" cause it's user based so try each of the ROM for few weeks and see which suits your usage pattern.

To be able to root your stock 4.4.2 ROM download odin v3.07 and higher and make sure you have samsung usb drivers installed (alternatively download samsung kies which will download samsung usb drivers and then exit kies as in make sure it's not running in the background).
You need custom recovery such as philz recovery in .tar.md5 format and superSu zip.

Odin

How to root 4.4.2

SuperSu v2.01

Place the superSu zip file on your sd card before you proceed and follow the above link on how to root 4.4.2.

This will VOID your warranty cause knox will be triggerd in download mode 0x1 so service centers will refuse repairs that could be caused by flashing custom ROM.

marianmmn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If i root the phone and put a custom rom, it will work better than now ? I did a antutu 5 benchmark and I got a score of 25897. Is this score good ?
Samsung S2 I9105P - sold
HTC One X - cpu crash
HTC Touch Diamond - sold