Samsung Note 2 LTE (N7105) Stuck at Samsung logo after 4.3 to 4.1.1 downgrade

Search This thread

nigzy

Aug 28, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and I am a beginner so I must apologise in advance for my ignorance.

I was looking to downgrade my Note 2 from 4.3 to 4.1.1 to unlock it, and I found this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612485

I followed the instructions properly. I rooted my 4.3 with CF auto root, and then I tried to flash the 4.1.1 firmware onto my phone.

Now it is stuck at the boot screen, and I'm so shocked because I did everything correctly.

I can still get to "ODIN Mode" by holding volume down, home and power, and it says:
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Knox warranty void: 1

What have I done wrong? :(

Thank you.

asin_punk

Dec 25, 2012
Manila
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and I am a beginner so I must apologise in advance for my ignorance.

I was looking to downgrade my Note 2 from 4.3 to 4.1.1 to unlock it, and I found this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612485

I followed the instructions properly. I rooted my 4.3 with CF auto root, and then I tried to flash the 4.1.1 firmware onto my phone.

Now it is stuck at the boot screen, and I'm so shocked because I did everything correctly.

I can still get to "ODIN Mode" by holding volume down, home and power, and it says:

Thank you.

On the first post that you've followed says that "It may or may not work for you" so you only have 50% chance. AFAIK 4.3 firmware has Knox already. Did you flash the 4.1.1 successfully? If yes, maybe Knox is restricting it from booting. If not successfull, maybe the files of your device have been messed up. So you have to flash again your previous rom using Odin. Why don't you try it. Since you already tripped your Knox to 1. Meaning you've already voided your warranty.

Reactions: nigzy

nigzy

Aug 28, 2014
On the first post that you've followed says that "It may or may not work for you" so you only have 50% chance. AFAIK 4.3 firmware has Knox already. Did you flash the 4.1.1 successfully? If yes, maybe Knox is restricting it from booting. If not successfull, maybe the files of your device have been messed up. So you have to flash again your previous rom using Odin. Why don't you try it. Since you already tripped your Knox to 1. Meaning you've already voided your warranty.

Thank you for your reply :) I flashed the 4.1.1 successfully, but it just wouldn't boot. 4.3 does have Knox but I disabled it when I rooted it.

I flashed 4.3 again, and to my surprise it worked, I'm really grateful mate thanks a lot :)

What does it mean for me now that I've voided my warranty? I can't update it anymore with Kies?

asin_punk

Dec 25, 2012
Manila
Thank you for your reply :) I flashed the 4.1.1 successfully, but it just wouldn't boot. 4.3 does have Knox but I disabled it when I rooted it.

I flashed 4.3 again, and to my surprise it worked, I'm really grateful mate thanks a lot :)

What does it mean for me now that I've voided my warranty? I can't update it anymore with Kies?

Great! AFAIK you can still update with kies. But you have to unroot your device first using supersu. There are a lot of rumors around there. Some said yes and some says no. Haven't tried it myself before actually. I always use odin. Since you got back to 4.3, what's your next plan? Hehehe.

Reactions: nigzy

nigzy

Aug 28, 2014
Great! AFAIK you can still update with kies. But you have to unroot your device first using supersu. There are a lot of rumors around there. Some said yes and some says no. Haven't tried it myself before actually. I always use odin. Since you got back to 4.3, what's your next plan? Hehehe.

Ok got it, thanks man. I'll probably use Odin from now on too.

Is there currently no way to restore the Knox count? The phone doesn't have warranty anyway but if I can't use Knox enabled software in the future I guess it will be difficult

Since I'm back on 4.3 I'm looking to see if I can unlock my phone somehow, I'm looking to study abroad soon and I need it done, and I can't do it through the official carrier so I'm a bit desperate. What do you reckon I should do?

In the tutorial that I mentioned in my first post, he didn't say that I should factory reset the phone. Shall I try downgrading again and then do the factory reset? Will it help at all? Like it says here: http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-downgrade-firmware-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/2/

Cheers

Last edited:

asin_punk

Dec 25, 2012
Manila
Ok got it, thanks man. I'll probably use Odin from now on too.

Is there currently no way to restore the Knox count? The phone doesn't have warranty anyway but if I can't use Knox enabled software in the future I guess it will be difficult

Since I'm back on 4.3 I'm looking to see if I can unlock my phone somehow, I'm looking to study abroad soon and I need it done, and I can't do it through the official carrier so I'm a bit desperate. What do you reckon I should do?

In the tutorial that I mentioned in my first post, he didn't say that I should factory reset the phone. Shall I try downgrading again and then do the factory reset? Will it help at all? Like it says here: http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-downgrade-firmware-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/2/

Cheers

Downgrading from Knox-enabled-bootloader to Non-Knoxed-Bootloader may brick your device. Your lucky that it didn't happen on your first try. From what carrier are you locked on? Since your on 4.3 Knox bootloader, maybe you can try other custom rom that depends on your current bootloader. Or try to upgrade to Official 4.4.2 from sammobile then install PhilzTouchRecovery 6.26.6 then root it, then find a custom rom that fits your device and can also unlock your device. Maybe you can ask Dr. Ketan if he has a rom like in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2472270 for your device. And I think he can help you with all of your concerns. Cheers!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thank you.