Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 41,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Service and no sim.. GT-N7100

Tip us?
 
Faisalshiva
Old
(Last edited by Faisalshiva; 11th July 2014 at 10:38 PM.) Reason: added pictures.
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Tablet [Q] No Service and no sim.. GT-N7100

Hello and thank you for clicking into my topic.
i just bought a used Samsung Galaxy note II online and when i got it and put in my sim, i noticed that there was no service.
i can go WIFI and use apps and stuff but i cannot call or update firmware.
so i tried to reformat it using the system recovery boot.
and still no changes... i did some research in the phone and noticed i have no IMEI and there is absolutely no service in the phone.
tried to take of the battery to see the imei on the phone but the previous owner has taken the sticker off.
i've tried to contact the previous owner but he has deleted his account on the site i bought it from.
is there something i can do.. if i wanted a multimedia pad i would've bought a ipad
please i hope there is some kind and wise soul out there that has a solution on fixing my new phone.
thank you very much!

i have some screenshots but i apperently need to post 10 posts before i can attach them.
pm me i will send them to you.
*UPDATE
added pictures in XDA album.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/album.php?albumid=11180
 
singhpratik87
Old
#2  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1488
Posts: 2,497
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisalshiva View Post
Hello and thank you for clicking into my topic.
i just bought a used Samsung Galaxy note II online and when i got it and put in my sim, i noticed that there was no service.
i can go WIFI and use apps and stuff but i cannot call or update firmware.
so i tried to reformat it using the system recovery boot.
and still no changes... i did some research in the phone and noticed i have no IMEI and there is absolutely no service in the phone.
tried to take of the battery to see the imei on the phone but the previous owner has taken the sticker off.
i've tried to contact the previous owner but he has deleted his account on the site i bought it from.
is there something i can do.. if i wanted a multimedia pad i would've bought a ipad
please i hope there is some kind and wise soul out there that has a solution on fixing my new phone.
thank you very much!

i have some screenshots but i apperently need to post 10 posts before i can attach them.
pm me i will send them to you.
*UPDATE
added pictures in XDA album.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/album.php?albumid=11180
Which country are you in?You can try flashing official 4.4.2 stock firmware of your region,if it's not available for your country then I recommend NE1 France base from here extract the zip file you'll get a tar.md5 file put your phone into download mode (volume down+home+power) connect it to pc odin v 3.09.Wait for ID port to turn blue with ID COM id shown once successful usb connection established between phone and odin ,check the ap/pda tab in odin and select the above tar.md5 stock rom file you downloaded.Make sure only auto reboot and reset time are checked in ODIN and nothing else.Hit start and sit back and let odin do it's thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Faisalshiva
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
Which country are you in?You can try flashing official 4.4.2 stock firmware of your region,if it's not available for your country then I recommend NE1 France base from link extract the zip file you'll get a tar.md5 file put your phone into download mode (volume down+home+power) connect it to pc odin v 3.09.Wait for ID port to turn blue with ID COM id shown once successful usb connection established between phone and odin ,check the ap/pda tab in odin and select the above tar.md5 stock rom file you downloaded.Make sure only auto reboot and reset time are checked in ODIN and nothing else.Hit start and sit back and let odin do it's thing.
Thank you very much for your answer.
i am in Denmark Europe, tried to google "4.4.2 stock firmware Gt-N7100 danish" but with no luck.
is it okay to use France base?
(not very experienced in mobile firmwares)
 
Faisalshiva
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisalshiva View Post
Thank you very much for your answer.
i am in Denmark Europe, tried to google "4.4.2 stock firmware Gt-N7100 danish" but with no luck.
is it okay to use France base?
(not very experienced in mobile firmwares)
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7100XXUFNE1_N7100OXAFNE1_N7100XXUFND3_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sboot.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> tz.img
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/003> Added!!

Odin succeded.. it didnt change much but now the signal strenght is 0 dBm 99 asu .. before it was -113 dBm 0 asu.
also alot of apps started updating.
the mobile still says "No service" and when i Software update it says "Registration failed.
Network: Unkown
Mobile network type: unkown
Service state: out of service
Roaming: not roaming
Mobile network state: disconnected
my phone number: unkown
Imei: unkown.
Imeisv: unkown
Device status: official.
 
shafeel
Old
#5  
shafeel's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 28
Join Date: Mar 2014
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_s...p=docslist_api


Try this modem

Flash wia recovery mode

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to shafeel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Faisalshiva
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafeel View Post
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_s...p=docslist_api


Try this modem

Flash wia recovery mode

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Okay thank you very much, i will try
can you please give me a step by step instruction on what to do so i dont screw up..
i am very new'b in odin and flashing and would rather avoid bricking it completly
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more

Immersive Mode on Unrooted Devices with GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode

Everyone likes screen real estate–no question about that. The … more

Android Wear App Review: EchoWear Song Search – XDA Developer TV

Yesterday on XDA Developer TV, Producer AdamOutler tore down a Samsung … more