[SOLVED] No storage accessible (any!)

OP dalanik

21st July 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 210

1,076 posts
Hello guys,

I have a problem, help would be greatly appreciated. Here's what I did and what happened.

I was on JellyKat 6.7 but phone kept reboting so I decided to do dirtyflash of the same ROM. What could go wrong, right, after all - it is a same ROM

After flashing JK and 3 OTAs from TWRP the phone booted fine. But after a while I noticd that I can't write to internal SD card.

After more playing, I noticed that I can write to internal SD from \data\media\... but not from \storage\...

Since nothing worked, I decided (bad choice again) to wipe the internal SD. After all, I have a backup on ExtSD of all important folders.

After formatting IntSD from recovery (and wiping dalvik&cache), I still couldn't see internal SD (from \storage) but I also couldn't see EXTERNAL storage as well!

Putting the SD card in the reader I checked that it is visible on PC. Uhhhh, didn't lose my data!

Now. With problems with both int and ext SD.... what do I do to repair it??? The phone boots OK, but no storage is available

Thanx!

edit:

I formatted extSD card on my pc to FAT32 (was exFAT) so now I can see it from recovery (but still not from the ES explorer when the phone boots).... will try to restore nandroid of 4.3 I have....

edit2:

OK, flashed Philz (since my nandroid backup was done with that), and restoreing... keeping my fingers crossed. If this fails, is it safe to flash STOCK Samsung 4.1.2 ROM from Odin (I'm on MJ5 bootloader so no Knox)?

edit3:

Seems my backup was 4.1.2 But it worked. I see both int and ext cards. Luckily it is rooted. I'll try flashing JellyKat now all over again.... Hmmm, hope I'm still on MJ5? Can nandroid restore bootloader?

edit4:

I'm on MJ5 So hurray to flashing! Actualy, before flashing I have to restore files to SD card which might take a while.... so far on 4.1.2

edit5:

Flashed JellyKat, so far so good
Last edited by dalanik; 22nd July 2014 at 08:28 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread