Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 42,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Wallet Tap and Pay CM11

Tip us?

Tahns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Google Wallet Tap and Pay CM11

I installed CM11 on my N7100. Most of the things I'm finding online indicate since Android 4.4 uses host card emulation (HCE) instead of the secure element, any 4.4 ROM on any device should have Google Wallet's Tap and Pay feature enabled, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I haven't actually tried paying with my phone yet, but when I go into Google Wallet, there's no Tap and Pay Settings, so I'm pretty sure it's not working. Does anyone know why it's not working and what I can do about it?

Tahns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
bump

Am I the only person on the internet with this problem??

Tahns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Seriously, I'm the only person with this issue??

Garrett 77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahns View Post
Seriously, I'm the only person with this issue??
No luck with CM11 on tmo sg3.

bk73w
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Same issue here on M7spr running cm11 tried it at a store where I know works and no luck
Did I help? Theres a thanks button for that!

Technization
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Its working fine for me on ATT GS4. I just flashed the January 31 nightly and went and downloaded wallet from play store and it set it up on its own. No troubles at all for me yet with this ROM besides that the s-view cover does not work, but that's to be expected.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

silkyjay82
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You have to enable Tap & Pay within Google Wallet and make sure NFC is on. The Tap & Pay option in the settings menu only showed up on my phone after I did that.

Tahns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I can't enable Tap & Pay within Google Wallet because it says "Not Available."

NFC is on. There's still no Tap & Pay option in the settings menu.

What device do you have?
Note 2 International (N7100)

and

Nexus 4

Browncow8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cloud Search 1503

I have the same problem. I have a Verizon GS3 and it worked on CM10 up until they disabled devices running anything lower than 4.4. So I moved up to CM11 and my NFC is on. There isn't a "Tap & Pay Settings" option in the Wallet app anymore. And under the "Tap & Pay section in the main phone settings, Google Wallet is selected.

I found this over on the CM Forum.

Quote:
For those of you who do not know what HCE is, it is what makes tap and pay work for apps such as Google Wallet when device is running Kitkat. Kitkat does not use secure element. Android 4.3 used secure element and that is why Google Wallet worked when running on Android Jellybean 4.3. I am quoting information below from another article i read.

"Tap and pay functionality is available in the US, and requires one of the following NFC-enabled Android devices with a Secure Element chip running 2.3 (Gingerbread) or higher on select carrier networks, or an NFC-enabled Android device running 4.4 (KitKat) or higher:
I read that as an either/or statement.. the second doesn't seem conditional to the first
EDIT: What they didn't tell us, according to Entropy512:
HCE support is missing from the AOSP stack for NXP NFC controllers. It only works on Broadcom (NCI) controllers. (Unless it was pushed as part of the android-4.4-r1.2 tag...)
So if you have a device with an NXP NFC controller - still no Wallet for you. If your device has the HCE permissions XML (this will only happen if someone made a mistake), Google Wallet will indicate that it's 100% ready for payment, but won't react at all to a payment terminal.
(Another option is if an OEM implements HCE for NXP chips even though it is missing from AOSP.)"