OP Imperial_Raj

25th August 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 56

127 posts
More
Hey guys!
So, I installed Dr. Ketan's Custom ROM V8 on my brother's Note II (N7100) sometime back. It was earlier on roooted stock 4.1.2, so naturally, it had no WiFi on V8. Since it wasn't required at that point, I did not care about fixing it, but now WiFi as well as Hotspot were needed. So I flashed the KitKat Bootloader using Odin as per the instructions on the ROM thread, and it rebooted and was stuck on the Samsung bootlogo. It went into download mode but no recovery was there. I tried flashing stock recovery as per the instructions on the thread but it was persistently stuck on the bootlogo. I've also tried flashing the MJ5 Bootloader and WiFi fix from here, but it failed on Odin. Then I flashed TWRP, and CWM too but all in vain So, basically it is bricked(?)
I do not have recovery access to reflash the ROM. It was working perfectly before that (sans the WiFi) but I don't know what went wrong. How do you guys think can I get it back to working normally?
I know this type of questions have already been asked on this forum and I have read all those threads. But no method seems to work.
So I'd request for your help. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.
Last edited by Imperial_Raj; 26th August 2014 at 04:45 PM.
26th August 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lucknow

127 posts
More
Bump!
Guys, I need a solution quickly because there is no alternate phone for him to use. Please help me out here.
26th August 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 22

100 posts
Maybe nobody is replying because we're out of ideas. Did you tried to restore firmware with KIES. There was an option there if I recall correctly.

Sent from my GT-N7100
The Following User Says Thank You to note2nooby For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,749

2,877 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial_Raj

Bump!
Guys, I need a solution quickly because there is no alternate phone for him to use. Please help me out here.

Your best bet is flashing official stock ROM 4.4.2 ( I think FNE1 ) is latest for India via Odin and hopefully it resolves the issue
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lucknow

127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by note2nooby

Maybe nobody is replying because we're out of ideas. Did you tried to restore firmware with KIES. There was an option there if I recall correctly.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Thanks! Does that method work even when the phone is dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

Your best bet is flashing official stock ROM 4.4.2 ( I think FNE1 ) is latest for India via Odin and hopefully it resolves the issue

Thanks! Surely will try that. I was hoping for a solution that did not involves wipe of data but getting the phone back working is more important than the data.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread