Post Reply

[q] help major porblem my phone wont boot

OP OmarKnows

4th September 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #1  
OmarKnows's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 1
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
okay so i was trying to install bootloader through twrp , it failed (tried clearing dalvik and cache but it still failed) so i gave up on it and pressed reboot, once that happened, the device name appeared for a split second then dissapeared then appeared then dissapeared (keeps appearing and dissapearing) I CANT ACCCESS TWRP MENU , OR BOOT ONLY DOWNLOAD MODE, WHAT DO I DO D:
4th September 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #2  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 858
 
1,521 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarKnows

okay so i was trying to install bootloader through twrp , it failed (tried clearing dalvik and cache but it still failed) so i gave up on it and pressed reboot, once that happened, the device name appeared for a split second then dissapeared then appeared then dissapeared (keeps appearing and dissapearing) I CANT ACCCESS TWRP MENU , OR BOOT ONLY DOWNLOAD MODE, WHAT DO I DO D:

Generally speaking: Install bootloader only with Odin.

You should now flash firmware using Odin to save your device. Maybe Kies could restore also.
4th September 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #3  
OmarKnows's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 1
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

Generally speaking: Install bootloader only with Odin.

You should now flash firmware using Odin to save your device. Maybe Kies could restore also.

how exactly do i do that? can you provide any links?
4th September 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #4  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 858
 
1,521 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarKnows

how exactly do i do that? can you provide any links?

HERE you may find firmware for your country/device, download.
Start Odin, connect your phone in download mode to pc, see if Odin shows up com-port and flash firmware in tab PDA/AP.

There are several guides on youtube/google
4th September 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #5  
OmarKnows's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 1
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Cant Find my carrier
my carrier is international, only countries are on that list, I dont know which one to choose, also if im gonna flash firmware is it possible to flash 4.1.2? or 4.2.2/4.3?
4th September 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #6  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 858
 
1,521 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarKnows

my carrier is international, only countries are on that list, I dont know which one to choose, also if im gonna flash firmware is it possible to flash 4.1.2? or 4.2.2/4.3?

Depends on your last firmware. What was the bootloader version? If above MJ5, you can't downgrade so you are free to flash eg latest 4.4.2
4th September 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #7  
OmarKnows's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 1
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

Depends on your last firmware. What was the bootloader version? If above MJ5, you can't downgrade so you are free to flash eg latest 4.4.2

I have no idea what bootloader i have
4th September 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #8  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 858
 
1,521 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarKnows

I have no idea what bootloader i have

Great, and which one didya try to flash through TWRP?
5th September 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #9  
OmarKnows's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 1
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

Great, and which one didya try to flash through TWRP?

The MJ5 bootloader, i found one that said it would be flashable through a recovery menu
5th September 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #10  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 858
 
1,521 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarKnows

The MJ5 bootloader, i found one that said it would be flashable through a recovery menu

1. Never flash bootloader through recovery
2. I assume that you have had newer bootloader than MJ5 before flash, so you soft bricked your device
3. To regain full funtional device follow post #4

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot, device logo, stuck on boot
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank