Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Warning - There is not enough space in your device?

OP TotallydubbedHD

9th July 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
London
Thanks Meter: 1,092

2,574 posts
Hi there guys,

From my time being on Android, I've come across a few errors that say they don't have enough "space" and this is usually down to SD card errors - but in this instant I'm completely stumped. To the point I think it is a very very bad virus.

Mum's phone: Note 2 - SIM unlocked, bought outright - she's been using it for over a year now
Symptom: When trying to open ANY picture (be it screenshot ON or OFF the EXT SD card - the erro (attached) crops up.

Things I've tried:
-Changing folder location of the camera app
-Clearing cache for camera, my files and gallery
-Clearing dalvik and cache in recovery
-Removing EXT SD card (with safe to remove and pulling out suddenly)

One thing I've noticed: I CANNOT move the DCIM folder. It says it "cannot be copied/deleted/moved"
The DCIM folder in "My Files" in fact doesn't exist as a folder - looks like a .DAT file - and when trying to click for details on the folder - it force closes the "my files"

One thing that's curious is that she can get the photos OFF her phone and view them on her PC without any problems.

I thus think the phone has a virus (also because there was two apps installed on there, which I've never seen before - apps that are from the play store, but apps I've never installed nor imagine my mum installing them)

Any ideas?

My only trail of thought is:
TB up and factory reset the phone.

-Dubbed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140708_230714.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	2840980  
10th July 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Contributor
London
Thanks Meter: 1,092

2,574 posts
(Dead zone) - no one care to help?

I just completely wiped the phone, even wiped the system - re-flashed the ROM from scratch - as I restore the apps - the "gallery FC" what the beep is going on - I've had enough of these crap Samsung phones!!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, error, note 2, space, warning
Previous Thread Next Thread