Water damaged phone help - battery drains

Search This thread

bogbat

Nov 27, 2012
I sold a Galaxy Note 2 on amazon and it was returned with the water indicator positive on both the battery and the phone itself. Unfortunately, Amazon overrode my decision on not to refund the customer, so now I am stuck with a defective phone.

I took it apart and left it in rice for weeks and bought a new battery because the one in there had blown up like a balloon. The phone powers on and charges and it appeared to be working fine up until I attempted to use it for a day. It crashes and the battery drains from 100% to 20% when powered back on. Is there any way to fix this device?
Thanks.

royalstar_23

Aug 6, 2015
First of all im sorry to hear about your loss, The thing you have mentioned seems like there is still moisture in the phone. You have already mentioned you placed the phone in the rice, I hope you have airtight the packet as well ?? What is the temperature there? If you have a country like sun shining and hot weather then you can place your phone and battery at the car dashboard. Which will warm the phone internally.

If you have a short circuit and motherboard then you need a technician. But as you mentioned phone is working fine and only problem is draining of battery than it looks like phone have moisture.