FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Windows 8.1 for galaxy note 2 ?

16th August 2014, 01:13 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Microsoft announced that windows 8 is free for phone and tablet less than 9" :

minionvilla .com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Build-2014-Windows-free.jpg


The announcement is very confusing !

....windows 8 is already free for windows based mobiles and I couldn't find Windows versions for non windows phones !


Is there any secrets versions that i can't put my hands on?? if that somehow is true is galaxy note ii part of it ?
 
 
24th August 2014, 10:54 AM |#2  
nigi73's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Winshill
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Windows 9 developer preview should work on note2 thanks to new system core.
24th August 2014, 07:34 PM |#3  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 918
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalebora

Microsoft announced that windows 8 is free for phone and tablet less than 9" :

minionvilla .com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Build-2014-Windows-free.jpg


The announcement is very confusing !

....windows 8 is already free for windows based mobiles and I couldn't find Windows versions for non windows phones !


Is there any secrets versions that i can't put my hands on?? if that somehow is true is galaxy note ii part of it ?


It simply means it's free for OEM's to develop for and use on their phones rather then paying a license fee.
25th August 2014, 01:28 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Shkoder
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigi73

Windows 9 developer preview should work on note2 thanks to new system core.

what does it mean? we can install windows 9 on our galaxy note 2??
25th August 2014, 02:06 AM |#5  
nigi73's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Winshill
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel1992

what does it mean? we can install windows 9 on our galaxy note 2??

Palm face.

And you are senior member?

It means that I joked and windows will never work without all the drives on note 2 unless Samsung will decide to port it. What is as probable as Samsung giving me one million dollars for free.
25th August 2014, 11:52 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Shkoder
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigi73

Palm face.

And you are senior member?

It means that I joked and windows will never work without all the drives on note 2 unless Samsung will decide to port it. What is as probable as Samsung giving me one million dollars for free.

lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes