Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is it worth it to get note 2 now?

OP assassin8

24th August 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

56 posts
so I'm thinking about getting a note 2, I know there are better mobile out there but I just got a phone last month and don't want to spend too much. I want to know:

How is the gaming performance/graphics?

How is the screen clarity and colors?

I'm mainly getting this for watching movies and playing high def games, so please let me know if this device can hold up in 2014
Last edited by assassin8; 24th August 2014 at 12:16 PM.
24th August 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Note 4 is coming out soon. Wait for the Note 3 to get a bit cheaper?
24th August 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLeonardo

Note 4 is coming out soon. Wait for the Note 3 to get a bit cheaper?

Note 2 is a lot cheaper here, I don't think I can wait that long. Please let me know about the note 2
24th August 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #4  

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin8

Note 2 is a lot cheaper here, I don't think I can wait that long. Please let me know about the note 2

Yes it can hold up to the standards of 2014.
I've had the phone since it was first out, nothing I can fault it with.
24th August 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:

Yes it can hold up to the standards of 2014.
I've had the phone since it was first out, nothing I can fault it with.

How's The screen and gaming performance?
24th August 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #6  

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin8

How's The screen and gaming performance?

Screen is fine and vivid.
Gaming is fine, though with any device it will get hot after awhile. Specs are fine to handle everything you need. It is a note after all, the specs can handle whatever you throw at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to xLeonardo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:

Screen is fine and vivid.
Gaming is fine, though with any device it will get hot after awhile. Specs are fine to handle everything you need. It is a note after all, the specs can handle whatever you throw at it.

Nice heating is a common thing when gaming so no issue.
24th August 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #8  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 907

4,142 posts
The device isnt really that old, It will handle anything you throw at it. Just because there are newer/higher spec devices doesn't mean this is old and past it lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheATHEiST For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 11

38 posts
More
Got mine yesterday, yes they are pretty cheap now, at least here on the UK and happy with it, great camera, fast enough, but with a different Launcher, Samsung launcher makes the phone slow, but with Google launcher the phone is a lot better, no slow downs at all and multi window still works with Google Launcher =D Now the stylus... it is fun, but don't really see me using it that much. The screen is great, but the bezels are pretty big, the phone could be a lot thinner...

It's only been 2 days since I've owned the phone and this has been my experience so far, IMO if you can get something a bit faster, like a LG G2, LG G Pro, Samsung S4, HTC One M7 you will be better off with one of those, I've owned them all (I'm a mobile addicted) and from the ones I mentioned my favourite is still the HTC One M7 (but be careful with the camera issue, with the pink tint, google it if you want to know more) and pretty close is the LG G2, if you can get one of these, you will be a lot happier.

Just my honest opinion.

Regards and all the best.
Last edited by hugoprh; 24th August 2014 at 08:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hugoprh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoprh

Got mine yesterday, yes they are pretty cheap now, at least here on the UK and happy with it, great camera, fast enough, but with a different Launcher, Samsung launcher makes the phone slow, but with Google launcher the phone is a lot better, no slow downs at all and multi window still works with Google Launcher =D Now the stylus... it is fun, but don't really see me using it that much. The screen is great, but the bezels are pretty big, the phone could be a lot thinner...

It's only been 2 days since I've owned the phone and this has been my experience so far, IMO if you can get something a bit faster, like a LG G2, LG G Pro, Samsung S4, HTC One M7 you will be better off with one of those, I've owned them all (I'm a mobile addicted) and from the ones I mentioned my favourite is still the HTC One M7 (but be careful with the camera issue, with the pink tint, google it if you want to know more) and pretty close is the LG G2, if you can get one of these, you will be a lot happier.

Just my honest opinion.

Regards and all the best.

thanks for the detailed answer. I'm gonna look into S4, cause i'm mainly looking for a phone with super amoled.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread