5,815,022 Members 39,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good charger for extra battery note 3

Tip us?

Zacedward
Old
(Last edited by Zacedward; 24th August 2014 at 06:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default Good charger for extra battery note 3

Hi what's a good charger for my extra regular battery for my note 3 I looked on eBay and there are several any help would greatly be appreciated thanks

kunalmothe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward View Post
Hi what's a good charger for my extra regular battery for my note 3 I looked on eBay and there are several any help would greatly be appreciated thanks
Hello,
Well, if you are looking wireless charger then recently some wireless chargers arrive online I have seen some on Amazon.

Zacedward
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Will it work just for the spare battery without being on the phone thanks

Ed Murray
Old
(Last edited by Ed Murray; 25th August 2014 at 07:48 PM.) Reason: added link
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
I use an Onite Charger, seen below. After asking the same question as you, a very nice person here on XDA sent me this to test it out and write a review. I can tell you that it works for all the phone's I own and the nice part is that it's auto switching and size adjustable, depending on the battery. It will charge your battery (out of phone) at 600mah and by USB at 1000mAh, which is pretty comparable to most out there, including Zerolemon's own ext. charger. It will also adapt to charge extra large batteries like the ZL 10kmAh and Hyperion, Anker batteries.

Onite Charger on Amazon.com

Good luck.
My Devices

Current - N900T Note III on AT&T, 4500mAh Mpj Slim Battery, Trident Kraken case w/ wireless Qi
HyperDrive RLS3.1 - CWM BL

Backup - SGH I747 S III on T-Mobile, 7k mah Zerolemon Battery & Shock Case w/ wireless Qi
Carbon KK ROM/Kernel - CWM BL

Test Driving - HTC One M8 Stock, soon to be better.

Waiting for - T-Mobile Note 4, unlocked or an LG G3.

Retired - (2) Droid 2 A950, (1) Droid 2 R2D2 A955

Copy.com referral bonus - 15+5gb Cloud Space for both people
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed Murray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zacedward
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Thanks so much

sanjsrik
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Arrow Wait for the Note 4 to be released.

Quote:
Will it work just for the spare battery without being on the phone thanks
# How would you know it's charged?
# How would you know when to take it off the charger?

You need to buy something that plugs into the wall that has some sort of light or indicator that tells you when the battery is fully charged. My suggestion, look at DealXtreme or some such site and buy something cheap from them.

The Note 4 is due to be released in about 3 weeks. Hold on and buy something in the firesale that's going to happen once the Note4 is released.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalmothe View Post
Hello,
Well, if you are looking wireless charger then recently some wireless chargers arrive online I have seen some on Amazon.
To use a wireless charger you have to get the sticker that goes on the stock battery. They sell them in combos. However, just note that finding the sweet spot on the wireless chargers is not always easy. Get one of them that is rectangular rather than round because the device just sits on it rather than fiddling around for the sensor matching up.

Just a suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to sanjsrik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ed Murray
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
# How would you know it's charged?
# How would you know when to take it off the charger?

You need to buy something that plugs into the wall that has some sort of light or indicator that tells you when the battery is fully charged. My suggestion, look at DealXtreme or some such site and buy something cheap from them.

The Note 4 is due to be released in about 3 weeks. Hold on and buy something in the firesale that's going to happen once the Note4 is released.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

To use a wireless charger you have to get the sticker that goes on the stock battery. They sell them in combos. However, just note that finding the sweet spot on the wireless chargers is not always easy. Get one of them that is rectangular rather than round because the device just sits on it rather than fiddling around for the sensor matching up.

Just a suggestion.
There are lights that signal when it's charging and fully charged on this charger. This unit also does plug into the wall, AND you can also use a USB cable from it to charge a phone, etc.
...just to clarify.
My Devices

Current - N900T Note III on AT&T, 4500mAh Mpj Slim Battery, Trident Kraken case w/ wireless Qi
HyperDrive RLS3.1 - CWM BL

Backup - SGH I747 S III on T-Mobile, 7k mah Zerolemon Battery & Shock Case w/ wireless Qi
Carbon KK ROM/Kernel - CWM BL

Test Driving - HTC One M8 Stock, soon to be better.

Waiting for - T-Mobile Note 4, unlocked or an LG G3.

Retired - (2) Droid 2 A950, (1) Droid 2 R2D2 A955

Copy.com referral bonus - 15+5gb Cloud Space for both people

kunalmothe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Hello,
You must have got charger along with your Note3, it'll better than any other charger.

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 715
The official Samsung external battery charger.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Note 3 is a beast