FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Google Cardboard

21st September 2014, 07:44 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwrxx

Obviously for cardboard I can't expect some amazing VR but, most of the youtube videos show users pretty immersed in it. How is the immersion? ie: roller coaster effect?

Immersion is pretty good, not perfect mind you, the graphics on some of the VR apps in the play store are quite lacking which might break immersion. Also individual pixels on the screen can be made out.

But if the app is done well(I'm sure more will come out as time passes) it is quite effective, got this new roller-coaster app that got few peeps in my family dizzy

All in all if you, its a piece of cardboard with lenses so its not perfect, but is probably the cheapest way to get a feel for what this VR deal is all about.

23rd September 2014, 06:11 AM |#22  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 84

More
can you watch movies in it? What was the experience like?
23rd September 2014, 08:40 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
recopilation of cardboard apps and games:

androidvr . wordpress . com
13th October 2014, 06:27 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Here you can buy one for 6$, inkluded postal costs.
tinydeal.com
product id 137423
Have fun!
27th January 2015, 08:28 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i made this and printed it out. i used lenses from harbor freight. i had to lean back the back lid a little and used box tape and cushon on the nose part. works good. hook up a joy pad or keyboard and this becomes a bad ass gaming system.Google Cardboard Samsung Note3 mock up.Working-ish copy
copy link from image and past in new tab or window.
Last edited by EpitomeJuggernautTECH; 27th January 2015 at 08:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to EpitomeJuggernautTECH For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread