Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 40,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Love Mei EK 2014 Case

Tip us?

Ed Murray
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Default Love Mei EK 2014 Case

Love Mei EK 2014 on Amazon

Has anyone ordered this case yet? It looks amazing. For the price, you really can't go wrong. I own the Zerolemon Case/Ext Battery but I like to have a slim case available as well, for pocket storage. How is the water protection? Is it really all metal? Is your cell reception compromised? Have you dropped it?

If anyone has this case and would care to post pics and comment, I'd be appreciative, as it will be here in 3 days.

Thanks
My Devices

Current - N900T Note III on AT&T, 4500mAh Mpj Slim Battery, Trident Kraken case w/ wireless Qi
HyperDrive RLS3.1 - CWM BL

Backup - SGH I747 S III on T-Mobile, 7k mah Zerolemon Battery & Shock Case w/ wireless Qi
Carbon KK ROM/Kernel - CWM BL

Test Driving - HTC One M8 Stock, soon to be better.

Waiting for - T-Mobile Note 4, unlocked or an LG G3.

Retired - (2) Droid 2 A950, (1) Droid 2 R2D2 A955

Copy.com referral bonus - 15+5gb Cloud Space for both people

godzebu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Tried it for few days.
IMHO, not worth the purchase. It is slimmer than zero lemon case but much wider.
Cell reception isn't affected that much but "water protection" feature for this case is a joke (sealed by tape and glue).

I'd recommend UAG or Spigen case.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to godzebu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ed Murray
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzebu View Post
Tried it for few days.
IMHO, not worth the purchase. It is slimmer than zero lemon case but much wider.
Cell reception isn't affected that much but "water protection" feature for this case is a joke (sealed by tape and glue).

I'd recommend UAG or Spigen case.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
After really looking at the product reviews and descriptions, I'd say these are actually knock off's of the Love Mei's...
Glue and tape... good thing I'm not getting it for the waterproofing. I mainly wanted an aluminum body case that looked decent and didn't kill reception. I'll look at those, thanks.

Thanks for your reply.
My Devices

Current - N900T Note III on AT&T, 4500mAh Mpj Slim Battery, Trident Kraken case w/ wireless Qi

Backup - SGH I747 S III on T-Mobile, 7k mah Zerolemon Battery & Shock Case w/ wireless Qi

YRAJ23
Old
Thanks Meter 22
This case really sucks. I sold to one of my friend since he is so interested. This case is so heavy and your Note 3 will be the size of Tab 7.0. Its non ergonomic to hold. The buttons are not so flexible and like mentioned in previous comments, the ports are covered using tape and glue. Not worth.

Ed Murray
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRAJ23 View Post
This case really sucks. I sold to one of my friend since he is so interested. This case is so heavy and your Note 3 will be the size of Tab 7.0. Its non ergonomic to hold. The buttons are not so flexible and like mentioned in previous comments, the ports are covered using tape and glue. Not worth.
7.0"?!

Do either of you guys have a photo you can post? If that is true, that is too freaking big.
My Devices

Lawful123
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Had the case. Caused people who called me to hear there voice echo. Not worth it.

BlueChris
Old
Thanks Meter 198

DONATE TO ME
I have the last year love mei and weights a ton so i don't recommend it.

send from my N9005 with tapatalk

Ed Murray
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
I received it and promptly sold it to a coworker. It's huge and heavy, unlike the picture. If they would reduce the size and weight of if, it could possibly be the best looking case of all time, hands down.
My Devices