FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] power case with flipcover

151 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By mad-monk, Senior Member on 29th December 2014, 08:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've got a small problem since I'm running the 5.x.x rom's......currently running the latest echoe and it also has got the same problem (for me it is a problem).
The powercase doesn't charge the phone ,as with kitkat rom's it did.
Is there any (deep) settings that I have to change as of anyone knows about.

Greetings Mike

29th December 2014, 08:59 AM |#2  
Flag Bittern
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-monk

I've got a small problem since I'm running the 5.x.x rom's......currently running the latest echoe and it also has got the same problem (for me it is a problem).
The powercase doesn't charge the phone ,as with kitkat rom's it did.
Is there any (deep) settings that I have to change as of anyone knows about.

Greetings Mike

I have the latest echoe rom loaded on my Note 3 and am using the Samsung flip cover with wireless charging and it charges same as with KK roms.

I made no changes that I know of. I remember non genuine flip covers had problems when kitkat came out.

Cheers

Al
29th December 2014, 01:04 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Steenderen

More
I've got an power pack unit built in a hardcase with 4 led lights (to see how full it is) and a power (on/off) button ,where I can click my note3 in with the original USB conector is in, just like the original cable(USB 3.0 if I'm correct) .... but it worked with kitkat and not with 5.x.x no battery charging.
Ps I hope the picture comes with it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LPB503_power_bank_4200mah_galaxy_note_3.jpg_350x350.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	3087358  
29th December 2014, 08:49 PM |#4  
Flag Bittern
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-monk

I've got an power pack unit built in a hardcase with 4 led lights (to see how full it is) and a power (on/off) button ,where I can click my note3 in with the original USB conector is in, just like the original cable(USB 3.0 if I'm correct) .... but it worked with kitkat and not with 5.x.x no battery charging.
Ps I hope the picture comes with it

When KitKat was first released there was an issue with Aftermarket or Non Samsung flip covers not charging (something to do with the chip ID).
It was fixed later I believe in many roms and with an xposed module (xposed doesn't work on lollipop).
I have an original Samsung flip cover and it works.
So it may be the same thing over again with Samsung trying to prevent non official branded accessories.
It may be worth while posting in the thread for the rom you are using.

Good Luck

Al
30th December 2014, 01:43 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Steenderen

More
This has got no id chip and it worked smoothly until 5.x.x got installed....it is an external battery in shape of an hardcase flipcase where you click the note3 in with an USB 3.0 connector in the bottom of the note.
In the past i had an third party flip case as wel and also refused to work until I rooted and installed an custom rom with Xposed
30th December 2014, 10:56 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Steenderen

More
My kid broke the top ..... so now it's not useful any more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)