Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 51,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recommend MicroUSB Cable

Tip us?
 
Snottierwhale
Old
#11  
Snottierwhale's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 89
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sacramento
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
I'm confused. You say you can't fast charge with a USB 3.0 cable. HOWEVER, if I read your explanation, it sounds like you can fast charge with a USB 3.0 cable.
Whoops I should have proof read what I wrote. 3.0 cable has faster transfer rate and can double charging speed and data speed and the 2.0 cannot have the faster speeds because it is smaller.

I'll edit my previous post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snottierwhale For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DarkManX4lf
Old
#12  
DarkManX4lf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 291
Posts: 2,909
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snottierwhale View Post
Whoops I should have proof read what I wrote. 3.0 cable has faster transfer rate and can double charging speed and data speed and the 2.0 cannot have the faster speeds because it is smaller.

I'll edit my previous post.
Thanks that's what I thought.
 
Snottierwhale
Old
#13  
Snottierwhale's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 89
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sacramento
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
Thanks that's what I thought.
Sorry for the confusion lol.
 
DarkManX4lf
Old
#14  
DarkManX4lf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 291
Posts: 2,909
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snottierwhale View Post
Sorry for the confusion lol.
No problem. ☺
 
EeeK
Old
#15  
EeeK's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 62
Join Date: Nov 2011
No one?
 

My Phone History
2014 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3
2010 - Apple iPhone 4
2007 - Apple iPhone
2005 - Sony Ericsson W800i
2000 - Panasonic GD92

 
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 91
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeeK View Post
No one?

You don't need a 3.0 cable to do a fast charge. Multiple people on this forum recommend this cable - I purchased two myself and can confirm that they charge at 1800mAh. Keep in mind that the Note 3 charges faster with the screen off than on (1200mAh vs 1800mAh).
 
marvi0
Old
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 1,016
Join Date: May 2008
Location: essex lad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Wuzzy View Post
You don't need a 3.0 cable to do a fast charge. Multiple people on this forum recommend this cable - I purchased two myself and can confirm that they charge at 1800mAh. Keep in mind that the Note 3 charges faster with the screen off than on (1200mAh vs 1800mAh).
Is this longer than the standard cable that comes with the phone.?. Also can I purchase this from UK?
 
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Old
#18  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 91
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvi0 View Post
Is this longer than the standard cable that comes with the phone.?. Also can I purchase this from UK?
Same length. Not sure if you can mail it to the UK - you may have to check out Amazon UK for that.
 
unholyfatman
Old
#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Oem usb 3.0

Has anyone tested the charge rate of the OEM 3.0 cable and also the micro USB is the cable attached to the OEM 2.0 Amp brick what are you conecting it to?
 
chong67
Old
#20  
chong67's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 509
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atlanta
Is there an app to show the real charge rate of the amp on a charger?

Is there an app to show the real transfer rate of the amp on the cable?

Thanks!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes