5,814,720 Members 52,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Will you buy the Rock Smart UI Transparency Case ?
Yes 3 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Rick Smart UI Transparent Flip Case Cover

Tip us?

jazzmachine
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo2883 View Post
Has anyone gotten this case yet?
No, still waiting here also. I've got the same delivery window dates as I do for the TPU case I referred to above (between 9/17 and 10/1). The Rick Smart seller also shipped quickly and answered pretty much right away when I asked him a question (whether that case includes port protectors, because in some but not all pics it kind of looked like it, but it doesn't; think is pretty much the same as all the other cases in this style). So I'm expecting that fairly soon also... Will post my impressions when it arrives.

Ed Murray - lol man, that's my life story right there! You come across some new style (or even a "better" version of something I already have, even though, the one I have is completely fine, or I only checked out for a couple days then never used again)... but it's only $10 +/- X... It'd be crazy not to throw down an order to check this one out! Example? No prob! This Rick Smart case... I have super low expectations of it being "daily-driver" worthy, but it's a really interesting looking style and IMO easily worth $10 to satisfy my curiosity. I mean, sure, it could be super awesome, and will end up never being taken off my N3, but my impression without having even seeing one in person is that it's pretty likely that the novelty of the style trumps the practicality. This is based only on perception, which is likely biased by having ordered several super cheap cases that "look kind of interesting" but turn out to be relative duds...

So I hope this one will be cool and practical, but I'm sure it'll be interesting if nothing else, and thanks to the OP for bringing them to our attention

idone
Old
Thanks Meter 182

DONATE TO ME
The idea looks cool as hell! Subscribed and eagerly awaiting some real pics/impressions!

N1T15H
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmachine View Post
No, still waiting here also. I've got the same delivery window dates as I do for the TPU case I referred to above (between 9/17 and 10/1). The Rick Smart seller also shipped quickly and answered pretty much right away when I asked him a question (whether that case includes port protectors, because in some but not all pics it kind of looked like it, but it doesn't; think is pretty much the same as all the other cases in this style). So I'm expecting that fairly soon also... Will post my impressions when it arrives.

Ed Murray - lol man, that's my life story right there! You come across some new style (or even a "better" version of something I already have, even though, the one I have is completely fine, or I only checked out for a couple days then never used again)... but it's only $10 +/- X... It'd be crazy not to throw down an order to check this one out! Example? No prob! This Rick Smart case... I have super low expectations of it being "daily-driver" worthy, but it's a really interesting looking style and IMO easily worth $10 to satisfy my curiosity. I mean, sure, it could be super awesome, and will end up never being taken off my N3, but my impression without having even seeing one in person is that it's pretty likely that the novelty of the style trumps the practicality. This is based only on perception, which is likely biased by having ordered several super cheap cases that "look kind of interesting" but turn out to be relative duds...

So I hope this one will be cool and practical, but I'm sure it'll be interesting if nothing else, and thanks to the OP for bringing them to our attention
Sorry guys, perhaps my typo causing some mis-interpretation. Please read ROCK smart case. Anyone can help me-is it possible to change/correct my thread title ?

jazzmachine
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1T15H View Post
Sorry guys, perhaps my typo causing some mis-interpretation. Please read ROCK smart case. Anyone can help me-is it possible to change/correct my thread title ?
Actually, I semi-remember some of them being called that when browsing on eBay... but the super quick search I just tried to confirm that did not support that mis-semi-rememboratory (that is a word). I only looked at the first page of results... so it's possible that I came across some called that since they were (less-blatant) knockoffs, or because of some kind of "mistranslation" or something, but I suppose it's equally possible that I'm just "tripping"

So either way you're correct, but don't sweat a typo in the title if it can't be changed; searching for either seems to bring you to the same results.