Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more
View Poll Results: Will you buy the Rock Smart UI Transparency Case ?
Yes 5 62.50%
No 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Rick Smart UI Transparent Flip Case Cover

OP N1T15H

14th October 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mare d'Albert
Thanks Meter: 8

113 posts
More
Received !
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1T15H

Mine still in transit ! Eagerly waiting !

Hello All,

Just to let you know I received my case during the weekend. Was kind of very busy of late.
The case is very well-built, feels solid in the hands.
Downloaded the APK, and installed it. Unfortunately, it needs serial number provided in the shipped documents for activation of the software. Once installed, you get the different settings related with the usage.
As indicated, this is a snap-on type of case, although I have tried to snap it with my battery door removed. Works flawlessly as well.

I have been successfully able to use the interface.
You can swipe to get your music player, apart from seeings your notifications. Works like a charm.

I normally use IBM Lotus Notes as my company, and I do not get this (or any other e-mail) notification.

It would be nice to have these on.

Will post some pics soon !

Overall, I am not dissapointed with the case. Does what it should.
Last edited by N1T15H; 14th October 2014 at 10:51 AM.
19th October 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 17

146 posts
Would love to see some photos! *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*
Yesterday, 07:19 AM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mare d'Albert
Thanks Meter: 8

113 posts
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1T15H

Hello All,

Just to let you know I received my case during the weekend. Was kind of very busy of late.
The case is very well-built, feels solid in the hands.
Downloaded the APK, and installed it. Unfortunately, it needs serial number provided in the shipped documents for activation of the software. Once installed, you get the different settings related with the usage.
As indicated, this is a snap-on type of case, although I have tried to snap it with my battery door removed. Works flawlessly as well.

I have been successfully able to use the interface.
You can swipe to get your music player, apart from seeings your notifications. Works like a charm.

I normally use IBM Lotus Notes as my company, and I do not get this (or any other e-mail) notification.

It would be nice to have these on.

Will post some pics soon !

Overall, I am not dissapointed with the case. Does what it should.

Here comes some of the pictures I just shot. PLease bear with the image quality, though, it's been taken by my decent HTC Desire HD.

You have some shots for the physical appearance of the case, and also when the note3 is inserted, with the cut out for ports, mic, speakers. Please note that there is no protection for the sides of the phone, though, like many other flip cases I have seen.

You will also see the application (Dr. V Smart Cover) which you need to download in order to 'communicate' with the flip actions.
You also have other application specific settings which you can tinker with. For example, the brightness is by default set to increase when flip is closed, in order to have a better readability. I have tried to change this, and make the brightness to remain at the same level when closing the flip - it is still readable (indoors). To note, for this review sake, I have put the default brightness setting, for photo-shoot sake.

Smart UI:
Double tap on clock to toggle between digital/ analog.
Swipe from right to left on area below clock (Main UI) to bring on music player.
You can see UI when call is received, from which you can interact to accept/ reject calls. For missed call, you can tap on the icon and get the details. Same applies for messaging (without opening flip)

Hope this was helpful.
Let me have your feedback guys.
Thanks.

Nitish
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread