Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sbh52 sony bluetooth vs lg tone ultra?

Tip us?
 
troyd28
Old
#1  
troyd28's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 353
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Sbh52 sony bluetooth vs lg tone ultra?

I'm planning on buying a bluetooth. But not 100% sure which 1 I should get I'm mainly looking to use it when I'm biking. Any suggestions any other bluetooth names, models would be good too thanks.
 
kamfl610
Old
#2  
kamfl610's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 55
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyd28 View Post
I'm planning on buying a bluetooth. But not 100% sure which 1 I should get I'm mainly looking to use it when I'm biking. Any suggestions any other bluetooth names, models would be good too thanks.
I vote for the lg tone ultra's...I have them and love them but the 700's are fine too. The sound quality is outstanding on both with the ultra's edging out the 700's. I have both so I can speak from experience. I use the 700's for exercising and the ultra's for my daily commute. I bought some cheap 30 euro pair and that was a mistake. Tried the delycon's and those weren't great either. I haven't used any other bluetooth headphones besides those.
The Following User Says Thank You to kamfl610 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
troyd28
Old
#3  
troyd28's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 353
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamfl610 View Post
I vote for the lg tone ultra's...I have them and love them but the 700's are fine too. The sound quality is outstanding on both with the ultra's edging out the 700's. I have both so I can speak from experience. I use the 700's for exercising and the ultra's for my daily commute. I bought some cheap 30 euro pair and that was a mistake. Tried the delycon's and those weren't great either. I haven't used any other bluetooth headphones besides those.
I'm seeing mixed reviews does the noise cancelling work really good?
 
kamfl610
Old
#4  
kamfl610's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 55
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyd28 View Post
I'm seeing mixed reviews does the noise cancelling work really good?
The noise cancelling is good for like on the train/subway when I commute in the mornings and afternoons. Otherwise, the noise canceling is not true noise cancelling to me. I think the sound quality on the ultra's is better but if you have the 730's, i think they had already had upgraded the sound to jbl by that time. I had only the 700's since the 730's weren't available here in europe. I think the bass is richer and the high's better on the ultra's but I'm no audio expert.
The Following User Says Thank You to kamfl610 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
troyd28
Old
#5  
troyd28's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 353
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamfl610 View Post
The noise cancelling is good for like on the train/subway when I commute in the mornings and afternoons. Otherwise, the noise canceling is not true noise cancelling to me. I think the sound quality on the ultra's is better but if you have the 730's, i think they had already had upgraded the sound to jbl by that time. I had only the 700's since the 730's weren't available here in europe. I think the bass is richer and the high's better on the ultra's but I'm no audio expert.
Did you check out the 900s? Those look great I'm not sure if to wait or get these ultra. Either lol.
 
kamfl610
Old
#6  
kamfl610's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 55
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyd28 View Post
Did you check out the 900s? Those look great I'm not sure if to wait or get these ultra. Either lol.
No I haven't but I'll be sure to... LG had done a bang up job with the headphones.
The Following User Says Thank You to kamfl610 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
buckeyestilidie
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 134
Join Date: Apr 2013
Do the Ultra's work well for working out? I'm usually a very sweaty person, so I need a noise cancelling blue tooth that isn't too expensive, like these, and this is the only problem I have before I buy them.
 
brex91
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2013
Here's one vote for the sonys.

I dislike rubber and foam earbud tips (work outside, and I like to hear things around me) So being able to use any ear buds or headset with it is great.

Plus on those lgs if one of the earbuds somehow get snagged and break, your sol. Not so with the Sonys, just get another set of ear buds.

But that's just my take.
 
kamfl610
Old
#9  
kamfl610's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 55
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
Do the Ultra's work well for working out? I'm usually a very sweaty person, so I need a noise cancelling blue tooth that isn't too expensive, like these, and this is the only problem I have before I buy them.
The ultra's are not cheap. I paid like 80 euros so that's about 100 dollars for these. If you're sweaty person, I might not go for these because the thing lays around your neck. I have no problems with it but I don't have sweat issues. I would think that the sweat may get on and around the neck band and that could short out the electronics. Someone else maybe able to talk on this issue.

The delycons and the cheap Aldi brand that I bought here were the kind that has a single cord connecting the earphones and basically went around the back of your head. I liked the design better of those but the sound quality sucked and they were not noise cancelling. I haven't been able to really find anything besides the plantronics backbeats but those have mixed reviews too. I might still consider them because of the design and the immense amount of money I've already spent on trying all these bluetooth headphones.
 
Greatness83
Old
#10  
Greatness83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 397
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: *215* Philadelphia
Not sure if this was said


I will say those LG Tones "magically" and randomly move around your neck lol. One side will hang further then the other. Read some reviews out there and you will see what I'm saying

Speaking from experience owning the 730's
Sent from my SM-N900P

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes