Thanks Meter: 9

By AndrOmega, Senior Member on 18th July 2014, 11:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th August 2015, 01:13 PM |#331  
Flag Torino
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Late to the party, but still.

Having a 10k mAh internal battery is not the same as carrying a same sized external battery to charge your phone with. This because you actually waste a good 15 % of the overall power using an external battery, since it brings the voltage up to 5V and provides it to the phone, which brings it back to 3.5/4 volts. In this process you waste some energy.

This makes the 10 Ah internal battery a better deal, if one doesn't mind the added bulk.

18th August 2015, 06:34 PM |#332  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtaur

Alrernatively you can buy the softshell case provided by myde.
Zerolemon' case cracks too easily. Chipped on the first day for me. Not happy and this was my second zerolemon zeroshock case

Thanks, never heard of Myde before. Did a search and see that there batter and case alone are both cheaper than the ZL. I assume the ZL battery would work in their case? Their case is all soft? Tell me more eh.
18th August 2015, 06:39 PM |#333  
Flag winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon Flipper

Thanks, never heard of Myde before. Did a search and see that there batter and case alone are both cheaper than the ZL. I assume the ZL battery would work in their case? Their case is all soft? Tell me more eh.

I bought myde battery and they're the parent company that makes batteries for zerolemon. Their softshell cases are better but not as protective as the zerolemon zeroshock, but if you ask me the zeroshock cracks on one or two drops and is extremely brittle making their argument null.

I bought two soft shells, one to replace my older one in case it freezes during the harsh winters here in canada. Honestly it's great and fits better in pocket

NB = the zerolemon battery fits snugly with myde's soft shell case
Last edited by foxtaur; 18th August 2015 at 06:43 PM.
20th August 2015, 03:52 PM |#334  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Eager to know, if anyone has used the Hyperion 9600 mAh battery here?
I bought one and it will reach me in a month...
20th August 2015, 10:51 PM |#335  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon Flipper

If you do a google image search for "zerolemon note 3" you will find images showing. It appears to be two batteries connected together.

Don't be worried about quality. I drop my phone constantly and have no issue. They are high quality batteries. However like I said in my review above the inner case is crap, but works. I have something like 6 broken clips inside but still no issues at all. You can buy a new case save the battery but I find no need to.

Not my pic, a YT still found by doing the search I mentioned above.
hlte Zerolemon

Yep. I Google it, but it thought that someone peel off the cover to show us how it's made. Everything about discussion is it 3 battery sealed to each other and my thought is that this is just one big battery.

Quote:

Alrernatively you can buy the softshell case provided by myde.
Zerolemon' case cracks too easily. Chipped on the first day for me. Not happy and this was my second zerolemon zeroshock case

Do you have that CASE on your phablet to show me pic how it covers ZL battery?
21st August 2015, 06:50 AM |#336  
Flag winnipeg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by QlimaxWarex

Yep. I Google it, but it thought that someone peel off the cover to show us how it's made. Everything about discussion is it 3 battery sealed to each other and my thought is that this is just one big battery.

Do you have that CASE on your phablet to show me pic how it covers ZL battery?

Here's those images I promised, and the cracked zerolemon shell is just mind blowing.
This isn't the first time I buy a zeroshock, this was my second purchase and on day 1 it fell from chest level straight towards the ground, the myde case survived such a blow easily.(that being said softshell cases are suppose to be weaker)
Still I wouldn't attempt that ever again, I did have a decent tempered glass screen protector on though.
Remember the weakest part of any phone are its corners. If you have a semi decent TPU silicone cover with somewhat thicker corners, chances are the phone will survive with very little or no damage at all.

Face it guys, the zero-shock is a zero-flop, it's no otterbox, the plastic frame isn't thick and feels very cheap. extremely brittle too.
I know another complaint about zeroshock case is its really easy to break those plastic latches too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150821_001716.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	3446381   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150821_001900.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	3446382   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150821_002035.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	3446383   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150821_011229.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	3446391   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150821_011245.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	3446392  
Last edited by foxtaur; 22nd August 2015 at 08:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to foxtaur For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2015, 08:46 AM |#337  

More
Wink
Quote:

Here's those images I promised, and the cracked zerolemon shell is just mind blowing.
This isn't the first time I buy a zeroshock, this was my second purchase and on day 1 it fell from chest level straight towards the ground, the myde case survived such a blow easily.(that being said softshell cases are suppose to be weaker)
Still I wouldn't attempt that ever again, I did have a decent tempered glass screen protector on though.
Remember the weakest part of any phone are its corners. If you have a semi decent TPU silicone cover with somewhat thicker corners, chances are the phone will survive with very little or no damage at all.

Face it guys, the zero-shock is a zero-flop, it's no otterbox, the plastic frame isn't thick and feels very cheap. extremely brittle too.
I know another complaint about zeroshock case is its really easy to break those plastic latches too

Do you have a feeling that battery would fall off or some disconnecting of power or the Myde Case fits just perfect?
28th August 2015, 10:17 AM |#338  
Flag winnipeg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by QlimaxWarex

Do you have a feeling that battery would fall off or some disconnecting of power or the Myde Case fits just perfect?

Funny you mention that, the myde case fits better than Zerolemon's.
let me explain. When you snap those 2 pieces of lame plastic onto the note 3, insert the myde or zerolemon battery and finally get to the point of covering the rear of the device with zerolemon's rubber backcover, the black rubber backcover losses it's tensile strength overtime, increasing the air gap between the battery and backcover. I had to tape a cardboard sheet onto the back of my battery to prevent the batteries detachment from it's power contact pins during normal operational use.(it litterally falls out of place) The Myde case doesn't have this problem.(It's been 4 months so far and still going strong)

The only issue I have with the myde case is it scratches way too easily but what can you expect from rubber like materials?

Furthermore when Zerolemons plastic frame breaks, it further lossens the battery from its contact power pins.

I understand your concern though, it's a rubber like TPU cover only, it feels like it doesn't grip the battery in place but reality is it does. I wish the corners were thicker and more engineering was put into it, I emailed Myde about it and they took my arguments into consideration for their future tricell products.

I got this case, I'm very pleased with it, I wish there were more case options for zerolemon or myde tricell batteries but the fact remains there is only 2 products out there for these batteries. Zerolemon's case may look stronger/elegant but unlike the
zeroshock lg g3 case, the note 3 zeroshock case is an absolute piece of ****.

It is what it is though, you pay for a premium battery but get a ****ty case. This was for the longest time a "deal with it" scenario with Zerolemon. When it first came out it was selling for $59 bucks (plus shipping and customs tax) but overtime the prices rose.(Amazon anyone?)
And now with Myde releasing their version of note 3 and 4 battery + case combos(free slow shipping) for $43/$45 you be the judge
Last edited by foxtaur; 28th August 2015 at 10:50 AM.
28th August 2015, 10:53 AM |#339  

More
Talking
Quote:

Funny you mention that, the myde case fits better than Zerolemon's.
let me explain. When you snap those 2 pieces of lame plastic onto the note 3, insert the myde or zerolemon battery and finally get to the point of covering the rear of the device with zerolemon's rubber backcover, the black rubber backcover losses it's tensile strength overtime, increasing the air gap between the battery and backcover. I had to tape a cardboard sheet onto the back of my battery to prevent the batteries detachment from it's power contact pins during normal operational use.(it litterally falls out of place) The Myde case doesn't have this problem.(It's been 4 months so far and still going strong)

The only issue I have with the myde case is it scratches way too easily but what can you expect from rubber like materials?

Furthermore when Zerolemons plastic frame breaks, it further lossens the battery from its contact power pins.

I understand your concern though, it's a rubber like TPU cover only, it feels like it doesn't grip the battery in place but reality is it does. I wish the corners were thicker and more engineering was put into it, I emailed Myde about it and they took my arguments into consideration for their future tricell products.

I got this case, I'm very pleased with it, I wish there were more case options for zerolemon or myde tricell batteries but the fact remains there is only 2 products out there for these batteries. Zerolemon's case may look stronger/elegant but unlike the
zeroshock lg g3 case, the note 3 zeroshock case is an absolute piece of ****.

It is what it is though, you pay for a premium battery but get a ****ty case. This was for the longest time a "deal with it" scenario with Zerolemon. When it first came out it was selling for $59 bucks (plus shipping and customs tax) but overtime the prices rose.(Amazon anyone?)
And now with Myde releasing their version of note 3 and 4 battery + case combos(free slow shipping) for $43/$45 you be the judge

Uh.... nice explanation.
I already have a ZL batt & case, but it's to big to take it aroung, so I'm considering some other CASEes... I will order a Myde CASE and see how that stuff is going until I think off about something other
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)