FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Zero Lemon 10000mAh Battery

161 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By lordmusik, Senior Member on 8th October 2013, 09:39 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread

The World's Largest Capacity Battery @ 10000mAh with NFC support

Fits the Galaxy note 3 with ANY size battery, including ZeroLemon Tri-Cell Extended Battery.

Compatible with all versions of Samsung Galaxy note 3.

Offers 3 layers of protection; Hard PC inside case; Wrap around TPU outside. Includes belt clip holster that also doubles as a kickstand.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GYD782A/..._mYs4sb168QVQZ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZeroLemon-Sa...item43c43a6286

************************************************** ********Review by @seand88************************************************** *****************
The makers of Zero Lemon batteries have created a masterpiece for the Note 3! This case is not for the faint of heart as it is a bigger case but the sacrifice is 100% worth it in my eyes. There are both good and bad things to say about this case but mostly good! This review is going to cover all the important factors you would look for in a case review and Hopefully clarify all questions that you have. So with that let us get stared, up first is dimensions!

Dimensions

*This case boasts a whopping 157mm x 88mm x 20mm/6.18" x 3.46" x 0.79 (that is height, width, and depth in that order). As compared to the Note 3 without a case being 151.13mm x 79.248mm x 8.382mm/5.95” x 3.12” x 0.33. As you can see this case adds 0.46 of an inch to your phone, which is defiantly a big difference. Even though the case does add all that extra depth to your phone it is still usable and fits fairly comfortable in my hands (I have bigger hands). For those of you concerned about weight it weighs about 12.5 ounces (phone weight + case) which to put into perspective grab a bottle of water, I used a 16oz bottle, and it weights slightly less than that but around there. **

Handling & Grip

*With the Zero Lemon case, I can still reach nearly all buttons but using two hands helps a lot. There is a dot pattern on the sides of this case, which is extremely helpful as it adds a ton of grip to the phone and makes it very hard for it to slip out of your hand. The TPU case is also a harder backing and feels very dense and protective. One thing that I was extremely worried about was that when I pulled this giant phone out of my pocket I would end up taking the whole pocket with me, but because of the smooth finish on the TPU case, that problem was avoided.

Look & Feel

*The look of this phone is rather big, bulky, and heavy. As those things are true it will still fit into your pocket/pocketbook and depending on how tight your jeans are it can create a bulge in your pocket. The Zero Lemon case does feel rather nice in my hands has a durable smooth plastic feeling to it, I actually do not mind the extra weight as it gives the phone a secure feel to it. I feel as though if I dropped this phone it would never get damaged due to how resilient and secure this case is.

Tabs & Cutouts & Buttons

*The tabs on this case are okay, not great in my opinion. First off, the tab for the S-Pen has two plastic connectors that go into the hard shell of the case to keep it closed but those connectors are very much in the way when trying to get to your S-Pen, Which I use constantly. Those connectors do a good job at keeping the tab closed but are very annoying when trying to get the pen out. The Tab for the charging port can be annoying to open up but it does its job especially considering you will not be using it that often J(Remember this tab needs to be pushed all the way in, as it does not have connectors). The Tab for the headphone jack is also pretty easy to open and close, it also needs to be pushed in when not in use, and most headphones will fit If your headphones happen not to fit you can always buy a 3.5mm mini-jack adaptor.

*The Zero Lemon case has accounted for all the holes in your Note 3. They have implemented cutouts for the microphone, speaker, and all the other cutouts. I have not had any problems with people not being able to hear me or sound quality from the speaker. The buttons for the power button and the volume rockers are okay. I do like the volume rocker buttons as they have that satisfying click to them and are rather large. The power button however is very stiff for me and can take 1 to 3 pushes to get it to go. The Cutout for the camera is good you can still take pictures and the flash works great and does not bounce back due to the cutout.

Performance

I have not had the case very long only a little over a week but that first week I went 4 days without charging ( I tend to use my phone for only texting calling and email checking I also have it rooted running BajaRom 10.0 with greenify).*Other users have reported anywhere from 2 to even 7 days on a single charge. The performance of the battery really depends on how heavily you use your phone. As I continue to use this case, I will add more information on my performance with the battery and screenshots of battery times.

Accessories

The Zero Lemon case comes with a cleaning cloth, built in screen protector and a belt clip, which doubles as a kickstand. The belt clip is nice but considering the size of the case already plus what the belt clip adds, personally my friends and I think it just looks ridiculous. The screen protector is nice as it is built into the case already but it can easily*be taken out for an added tempered glass protector.*

Assembly

*This Case can be a little tricky the first time you put it on, I have seen people and reviewers online not know how to put it on right when doing unboxing reviews, so we will discuss that here. First off, you will want to pull the TPU case off the hard plastic body. This is where people tend to have trouble is separating the hard plastic case in half. A trick that I use is to get a butter knife or a regular knife and separate one of the hard clips on the side and then stick the knife in-between the gap that is formed thus keeping the gap and making it easier to un separate the rest of the clips. With the case unseparated turn off your Note 3 and pull the back covering off and take out the stock battery. The place the amazing extended battery and place the phone into the case making sure to conjoin the two pieces together. Then add the TPU case and charge it for 12 hours it does not matter if the phone is on or off for this 12 hour initial charge.

*Conclusion*********

***********In conclusion, this case is simply amazing! It Excells both at its battery performance and being a rugged tough case. If you are a hunter, go camping a lot, businessman, or just do not want to charge your phone every night then is case is a must! For only $60 youget both a rugged case and the extended battery and shipping for me on Amazon was about a 50 cent charge! So if your looking for an amazing phone case this is a great buy!

FAQS

*****Q-What are the dimensions?

*****A-157mm x 88mm x 20mm/6.18" x 3.46" x 0.79

Q- have you experienced signal loss?

A- I personally have not experienced any signal, wifi, *or data loss

*****Q- does NFC still work

*****A- Yes this case works with NFC as well as wifi charging

Q- where does this case ship from?

A-one case ships from Texas

*****Q- where can I buy this awesome case!

*****A-The case is sold on both Amazon and Ebay

***Pictures***

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lordmusik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lordmusik Ad-Free

8th October 2013, 09:49 PM |#2  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
Jesus, I love the idea but how big will that thing be?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4
8th October 2013, 10:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
It moved.
The Following User Says Thank You to mychal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mychal Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 11:13 PM |#4  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 27

More
overkilled.. might as well go back to good old indestructible nokia phones. lol
8th October 2013, 11:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChris

Jesus, I love the idea but how big will that thing be?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

sounds like it is going to be a full on case and weight as much as a brick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlockingsky

overkilled.. might as well go back to good old indestructible nokia phones. lol

yeah haha. I'd like it, in the size of an original battery.

actually I've just added my email to be advised of the note 3 samsung official battries. will be interesting to see prices etc... and the QI pad wireless charger. I've never owned more than 1 factory provided battery or wireless charging. but I can see how they would be useful. espcially when traveling etc..

battery links
http://www.handtec.co.uk/samsung-gal...y-3200mah.html
http://www.handtec.co.uk/samsung-gal...ttery-kit.html

abit strange but I saw the qi pad there about an hour ago. now it has disappeared :/
8th October 2013, 11:46 PM |#6  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by entwicklun

sounds like it is going to be a full on case and weight as much as a brick..

yeah haha. I'd like it, in the size of an original battery.

actually I've just added my email to be advised of the note 3 samsung official battries. will be interesting to see prices etc... and the QI pad wireless charger. I've never owned more than 1 factory provided battery or wireless charging. but I can see how they would be useful. espcially when traveling etc..

battery links
http://www.handtec.co.uk/samsung-gal...y-3200mah.html
http://www.handtec.co.uk/samsung-gal...ttery-kit.html

abit strange but I saw the qi pad there about an hour ago. now it has disappeared :/

i think it would be nice to have wireless access to your sd card and download mode in addition to wireless charging. this would be complete freedom from wires.
9th October 2013, 06:34 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Facebook
News Update from ZeroLemon on their Facebook page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 9.31.56 AM.jpg
Views:	4891
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	2313522  
9th October 2013, 06:50 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richluck

Haha that's already from the OP and I think the reason this thread was created
9th October 2013, 07:15 PM |#9  
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 754

More
This is great news for those of us not giving a sh!t about the extra bulk and weight in exchange for insane battery life. Loving the hell out of my ZeroLemon on note 2!

Sent from my note 2 ya bish!
The Following User Says Thank You to d12unk13astard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d12unk13astard Ad-Free
10th October 2013, 12:21 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 915

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richluck

Wow comes with a rugged case as well awesome. The 7000 for the s3 has a cheap TPU backing I'm happy to see this.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2
10th October 2013, 09:49 AM |#11  
Flag 18015
Thanks Meter: 501

More
I would be tempted to get this. Had it for my Note 2 n liked it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread