[6.0.1] [N9005] IdleKernel for S7 Ports and modem fixes

Search This thread

artas182x

Jan 18, 2011
Gdańsk
Hi! Recently, many people have asked how to flash IdleKernel on S7 Ports. As I got it working a month ago while porting Marshmallow I'm uploading it here.

What has changed over 5.1 base?

1. Fully supporting Marshmallow ports
  2. It fixes all RIL issues on these roms (such as SMS problems)
  3. Battery charging it's now about 15% faster
  4. All advantages of IdleKernel for 5.1 ports (F2FS, configuration, overclocking etc.)

How to install ?
Just flash using recovery

Link: https://artas182x.you2.pl/android-projects/idlekernel-for-s7-ports-and-modem-fixes/
Source: https://github.com/artas182x/idleKernel-note3

Last edited:

waplegend

Jan 2, 2013
Can you make the haptic feedback work it's working in darklords kernel

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kcohen67

Feb 10, 2012
Detroit MI
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Thank you very much for your kernel. I use your kernel in my 5.1.1 port and I'm never disappointed. My question is will your kernel resolve the Hotspot issues in the S7 port? Or the 3 way calling issue I have with the the port?

mset1234

Nov 30, 2014
Hi, installed the kernel with Darkwolf V3 and the zygzoo ROM, work well
Extremely long to charge, 35 % charge in about 2.2 hours

artas182x

Jan 18, 2011
Gdańsk
It charges using stock charger at 1500 or 2100 mA. If you don't use stock charger results may be vary.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

imlop

Sep 18, 2013
Srilanka
Awesome work sir 👍

Sir now we note 3 users got only 2 kernel devs (you and Darkera)

I'm asking about another add on to the kernel. Plz dont get angry with me i know you guys are too busy with your works too.

I asked severel times about this in threads but asked about it any dev.

Youre still developing the rom and kernel so i think you will think about this positively.

I saw an option called tapwake in note 2 agni kernel. Its not tapwake as it spells.

Its an option that we can stop sleeping the device after sreen went off using just one tap on display. In a configurable time limit.

If you have time to see whats this and is it worth to have. I think that would be awesome.

I saw that feature in severel jb kernels made for n3. But the function slept away with kk and lollipop updates.

Plz just give it try sir.

(Sorry about too bad english without grammars) ❤✌

Reactions: kpirnie

marcopintito

May 29, 2008
lisbon
Hello everyone,

For me... The best kernel for s7 port N9005...

Only two bugs

* haptic feedback don't work and I can't configure
*when I Uninstal some apps, my phone auto reboot

Thanks in advance

Reactions: kpirnie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi! Recently, many people have asked how to flash IdleKernel on S7 Ports. As I got it working a month ago while porting Marshmallow I'm uploading it here.

What has changed over 5.1 base?

1. Fully supporting Marshmallow ports
    2. It fixes all RIL issues on these roms (such as SMS problems)
    3. Battery charging it's now about 15% faster
    4. All advantages of IdleKernel for 5.1 ports (F2FS, configuration, overclocking etc.)

How to install ?
    Just flash using recovery

Link: https://artas182x.you2.pl/android-projects/idlekernel-for-s7-ports-and-modem-fixes/
    Source: https://github.com/artas182x/idleKernel-note3
    The problem is that @darkera13 didn't publish his kernel sources but he needs to. Everybody who puts Linux kernel to the internet have to put full source of kernel. Now it's illegal. If somebody wants, please write to him and remind that he have to publish source of kernel used in S7 Ports. It's importnat for us because we could use fixes in IdleKernel.
    Here is full license agreement of Linux kernel: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/COPYING
    Does it work with darkwolf s7 port ?
    That is not true!!!!.....I just find it little helpful....Because it lacks the technical support!!!!!
    I mean I appreciate you bringing the darklord rom to XDA of course...but there is nothing new
    that is why I find it little helpful.
    Let's e honest here, shall we??.....
    Again I have nothing against you or your thread ....
    But if I have access to samsungvn.com ... Why would I need this thread??
    it was just an honest vote....at least for me..That was the point of voting, isn't it???......being honest
    Again ... it is not that I underestimate your work
    but you need to bring something new.
    Sorry If you misunderstood me
    but liking is one thing and finding it useful is quite a nother
    I like your thread....but in the same time I find it little useful

Ok ok....but my thrad for primary motive is for problems with language for some members and in particular because in original thread not exist support absolutely friend...for me this thread (my thread) is only for support and for me only hassle I have other this another 4 thread ....thank's in advance for pm and I send you another PM good day @Ashes Remain
    Will work with Resurrection Remix note 3?
    Thank you.
    Absolutely not. This kernel is specific for Marshmallow S5 Port. Moreover now @lss1977 made a better kernel, for Marshmallow ROMs. Resurrection Remix is AOSP, you should try idle-kernel for CM13. It's not under development from a lot, but it's still a monster kernel