Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][HLTE/Unified] SlimKat [8-19-2014]

Tip us?

cordell12
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,404

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][HLTE/Unified] SlimKat [8-19-2014]

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimROMs, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
cordell12, Tylog, Slimroms, shaggyskunk
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 7
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-12
Current Beta Version: 7.X
Beta Release Date: 2014-08-26

Created 2014-08-20
Last Updated 2014-08-22
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cordell12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cordell12
Old
(Last edited by cordell12; 20th August 2014 at 10:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,404

DONATE TO ME
This forum section seems to be the hoppin spot for our Note 3's. I still have a thread in the Sprint section, but since we are Unified this thread will be the only one I check. From time to time you may find a link in this post, link will be a test build that I am currently running on my own device. To report any bugs for these builds, please PM me the logcat/bug reports. Do Not post in the thread about these builds, Thank You.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2980360_3.gif

NOTE: Search, Read, Produce a Logcat then report any Stock Slim Issues

<--- If you want to buy me a Coffee or Cold Beer, please use the "Donate To Me" Button under my Avatar, Thanks!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cordell12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cordell12
Old
Thanks Meter 3,404

DONATE TO ME
one more for good measure
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2980360_3.gif

NOTE: Search, Read, Produce a Logcat then report any Stock Slim Issues

<--- If you want to buy me a Coffee or Cold Beer, please use the "Donate To Me" Button under my Avatar, Thanks!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cordell12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaggyskunk
Old
Thanks Meter 5,192
Sweet - Terrific news Cordell! The N3 couldn't be in better hands than having you as the Dev & Slim as the Rom 🙌

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Slim FAQ: http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/faq
The Following User Says Thank You to shaggyskunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nasheich Xfiles
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,946

DONATE TO ME
I love slim...

Indonesia Developer

From Indonesia, to peoples around the world..

Follow my
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instragram | Blog

My Contributions on XDA
Roms, Guides, Apps, etc
The Following User Says Thank You to Nasheich Xfiles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Richard_10
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Good news

bibiner
Old
Thanks Meter 331
There is 2 slim ROM. What the difference? Which is official?
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005
ROM: MIUI V5 By Wonitor!

shaggyskunk
Old
Thanks Meter 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibiner View Post
There is 2 slim ROM. What the difference? Which is official?
This is the Official SlimKat - Which receives Weekly updates that are in downloads - under the Listing "unstable" - HOWEVER - The Weekly builds are DEFINITELY NOT unstable! The Weeklies are Awesome! With the latest updates 😃

Will03's SlimKat is an Unofficial build with some other tweaks. 😃

Both Roms are excellent - Try them both & decide which suits your needs - And be sure to Thank Cordell - He's the device Dev and Official device Maintainer.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Slim FAQ: http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/faq
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaggyskunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr.Greg
Old
Thanks Meter 5,437

DONATE TO ME
Sirs, I tried to flash this rom and have a boot loop: Kernel is not seandroid enforcing set warranty bit: Kernel. Waited more then 15 min and phone doesn't boot. It's driving me crazy. I have N9005, stock rom&kernel, rooted, custom recovery. I tried other AOSP roms and same s...t. I tried everything:wiping, formating, reflash rom, other kernel, no luck. I was looking on google&xda, but nothing help. Thank you for the rom and any solution much appreciated.

shaggyskunk
Old
Thanks Meter 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Greg View Post
Sirs, I tried to flash this rom and have a boot loop: Kernel is not seandroid enforcing set warranty bit: Kernel. Waited more then 15 min and phone doesn't boot. It's driving me crazy. I have N9005, stock rom&kernel, rooted, custom recovery. I tried other AOSP roms and same s...t. I tried everything:wiping, formating, reflash rom, other kernel, no luck. I was looking on google&xda, but nothing help. Thank you for the rom and any solution much appreciated.
The "Seandroid & Warranty bit" are normal messages for a Rooted device with a Custom Recovery.

Which recovery are you using?

The Following User Says Thank You to shaggyskunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]