[ROM][AOSP][Official] Tesla by Team Validus [2015/Sep/23]

Search This thread

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Man, we are cool. I AM on holiday, that OP needs major restructuring and it is not very convenient to do it from phone, cause that's how I'm posting this stuff. The OP was done a while ago while this was still unofficial. Check back next week, and you'll see I'm serious. Don't jump the gun yet, you got the wrong guy.

Edit: it is easy to check my IP address, ask the mods. It will prove where I'm posting from, all my previous posts were from different country.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
So you can reply back to my posts, post pictures of some pool and pretty much BS on this thread BUT you can't update the OP with the right link to your kernel source and comply with GPL?

Is that what you're getting at?

You want me to wait a week for you to update the OP to comply with GPL because you're in another country? I don't see how updating the OP requires you to be back home........takes 5 seconds on mobile or with your desktop

Stop making excuses man.....anyone else and they would of just been "oh my bad and just updated the OP to comply with GPL" but you think you're "special" because you're on holiday and supposedly is under you to update the OP on your phone

This just crazy!! I've seen people lose their titles, get banned and have their threads closed for not updating the kernel source link in the OP but yet you think you're above that and want everyone to wait a week because you're on "holiday" yet make post after post and even posted a picture of your pool here......WTF man

Reactions: Moepda

encho

Jul 10, 2010
So you can reply back to my posts, post pictures of some pool and pretty much BS on this thread BUT you can't update the OP with the right link to your kernel source and comply with GPL?

Is that what you're getting at?

You want me to wait a week for you to update the OP to comply with GPL because you're in another country? I don't see how updating the OP requires you to be back home........takes 5 seconds on mobile or with your desktop

Stop making excuses man.....anyone else and they would of just been "oh my bad and just updated the OP to comply with GPL" but you think you're "special" because you're on holiday and supposedly is under you to update the OP on your phone

This just crazy!! I've seen people lose their titles, get banned and have their threads closed for not updating the kernel source link in the OP but yet you think you're above that and want everyone to wait a week because you're on "holiday" yet make post after post and even posted a picture of your pool here......WTF man
Already updated the OP, read the posts.

svbarbosa

Dec 18, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Just so there's no issues with you twisting things and saying I'm trolling you or I'm "hating" or any BS

In the OP, you have this linked as "Kernel source code (official) soon"

https://github.com/TV-LP51-Devices/?utf8=✓&query=hlte

BUT as you can see, there's no kernel for the hlte in that org, nothing for the hlte but device repos

Then you have another link for "Alternative kernel"
https://github.com/ench0/android_kernel_samsung_hlte

BUT if you regen the deconfig you're using (msm8974_sec_defconfig) you'll see that is not a 3.4.108 kernel

So that leaves me to believe that you're indeed using our kernel which is actually a 3.4.108 found here https://github.com/ench0/android_kernel_samsung_hlted

All I was trying to get you to do was take 5 seconds and link the kernel in the OP......you mocked it and pretty much wiped your butt with the GPL

You claim you're on "holiday" but keep on making post after post after post YET you don't have 5 seconds to update the OP.......is unbelievable

Too bad you @Mazda took it the wrong way.

You and @encho are among a small group of very special people that devote a significant amount of personal free time to benefit many others just for the sake of it.

@encho has always surprised me with his partience, great sense of humor and extreme care with what he does. Participating is his threads is always a pleasure.

I am absolutely sure that he would never even think about taking credit for something he did not do. He is always careful about giving credits to whoever them belong.

If he said that was just experimenting with the kernels it is the truth. Actually, by not listing the original devs during this test phase he was trying to protect them from finger pointing that could result from wrongdoings due to his experiments.

Anyway I truly believe that you, wonderful people, should be helping each other. And if there are some doubts or hard feelings, should first exchange PMs to sort things out before doing something more drastic like what we saw here. No need to wash dirty laundry in public.

Last edited:

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
Already updated the OP, read the posts.

Looking at your thread history, there's no way someone as experienced as you should have to have someone like tell you to update your kernel source.....that's common sense man! Seems lazy to have taken you this long....

Too bad you @Mazda took it the wrong way.

You and @encho are among a small group of very special people that devote a significant amount of personal free time to benefit many others just for the sake of it.

@encho has always surprised me with his partience, great sense of humor and extreme care with what he does. Participating is his threads is a always a pleasure.

I am absolutely sure that he would never even think about taking credit for something he did not do. He is always careful about giving credits to whoever them belong.

If he said that was just experimenting with the kernels it is the truth. Actually, by not listing the original devs during this test phase he was trying to protect them from finger pointing that could result from wrongdoings due to his experiments.

Anyway I truly believe that you, wonderful people, should be helping each other. And if there are some doubts or hard feelings, should first exchange PMs to sort things out before doing something more drastic like what we saw here. No need to wash dirty laundry in public.

Thing is that all that you just mentioned about being someone with great sense of humor and having patience blah blah blah that doesn't come into play here

This isn't Facebook or a dating site! I could care less what your personality is or his......I really don't care

What I care about is him complying with the GPL like the rest of us! I asked him what kernel he was using because I knew he was lying about what he had you guys think and ultimately I have proof that the kernels he was claiming were non-existent or outdated and the one he truly was using was ours

All he had to do is take 5 seconds to update the OP with the link, instead he made post after post after post where he mocked the GPL, posted pictures of some pool and was BSing with you all on here....

Maybe you think I'm this and that, I honestly don't care what you think of me because like I said this isn't Facebook or dating site. I'm not here to convince you to be my BFF. I'm here to collaborate with developers and share my work. If you thinking asking someone to comply with GPL is too far or airing dirty laundry then so be it

I think asking someone to comply with GPL is development related over asking "how's the battery life on this" or some BS question

svbarbosa

Dec 18, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Looking at your thread history, there's no way someone as experienced as you should have to have someone like tell you to update your kernel source.....that's common sense man! Seems lazy to have taken you this long....

Thing is that all that you just mentioned about being someone with great sense of humor and having patience blah blah blah that doesn't come into play here

This isn't Facebook or a dating site! I could care less what your personality is or his......I really don't care

What I care about is him complying with the GPL like the rest of us! I asked him what kernel he was using because I knew he was lying about what he had you guys think and ultimately I have proof that the kernels he was claiming were non-existent or outdated and the one he truly was using was ours

All he had to do is take 5 seconds to update the OP with the link, instead he made post after post after post where he mocked the GPL, posted pictures of some pool and was BSing with you all on here....

Maybe you think I'm this and that, I honestly don't care what you think of me because like I said this isn't Facebook or dating site. I'm not here to convince you to be my BFF. I'm here to collaborate with developers and share my work. If you thinking asking someone to comply with GPL is too far or airing dirty laundry then so be it

I think asking someone to comply with GPL is development related over asking "how's the battery life on this" or some BS question

Nothing wrong about asking someone to comply with the GPL. Never said you had not the right to do it.

What I can not understand is why is it so urgent. Will someone die if he does not do it in the next hour? Will someone loose money? No.

Why make this a life/death dispute once he has agreed to do it. You certainly have many other ways to make better use of your time.

Let´s stop here. You have the right to believe you are right. Enough time spent on this.

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
Nothing wrong about asking someone to comply with the GPL. Never said you had not the right to do it.

What I can not understand is why is it so urgent. Will someone die if he does not do it in the next hour? Will someone loose money? No.

Why make this a life/death dispute once he has agreed to do it. You certainly have many other ways to make better use of your time.

Let´s stop here. You have the right to believe you are right. Enough time spent on this.
Have you read the GPL or better yet, XDA's position on the GPL?

Does it say "whenever you get around to it" or "whenever you get back from holiday"?

If you're distributing a kernel, you need at the same time to link to the source......the RIGHT source

Is not a here's the ROM and whenever I feel like it, I'll get that kernel source to you

I know for fanboys and stuff this doesn't make sense because you guys treat XDA like a ROM shop but for those that comply and love the process and OSS, this is important and vital to us.

Please educate yourself before sticking up for laziness and people who mock the GPL, Google is your friend

Reactions: Moepda and chasmodo

encho

Jul 10, 2010
Have you read the GPL or better yet, XDA's position on the GPL?

Does it say "whenever you get around to it" or "whenever you get back from holiday"?

If you're distributing a kernel, you need at the same time to link to the source......the RIGHT source

Is not a here's the ROM and whenever I feel like it, I'll get that kernel source to you

I know for fanboys and stuff this doesn't make sense because you guys treat XDA like a ROM shop but for those that comply and love the process and OSS, this is important and vital to us.

Please educate yourself before sticking up for laziness and people who mock the GPL, Google is your friend
I know you've seen a lot of stuff during your GPL policing carrier, people do all kinds of stuff using other people's work for their own gains, asking donations etc. But, every now and then, you should give someone the benefit of the doubt. I have 3 points to make and I'll stop all further discussion on this topic.

1. I use Linux exclusively for last 15 years or so, and have contributed in many projects in mostly testing and debugging roles. So I do take GPL very seriously. Just recently I have developed an interest in Android developing.

2. I do admit that I can be lazy sometimes, but in this case it is just my forgetfulness, no hidden agenda here, no disrespect either.

3. I am not that experienced in Android building role, I have started building roms at the beginning of the year and just in last few months had a stab at the kernel building / tweaking.

So let's go back to our lives and try to spread the love and not the hate. Over and out.

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
I know you've seen a lot of stuff during your GPL policing carrier, people do all kinds of stuff using other people's work for their own gains, asking donations etc. But, every now and then, you should give someone the benefit of the doubt. I have 3 points to make and I'll stop all further discussion on this topic.

1. I use Linux exclusively for last 15 years or so, and have contributed in many projects in mostly testing and debugging roles. So I do take GPL very seriously. Just recently I have developed an interest in Android developing.

2. I do admit that I can be lazy sometimes, but in this case it is just my forgetfulness, no hidden agenda here, no disrespect either.

3. I am not that experienced in Android building role, I have started building roms at the beginning of the year and just in last few months had a stab at the kernel building / tweaking.

So let's go back to our lives and try to spread the love and not the hate. Over and out.

You said you've spend 15 years around linux yet don't understand how the GPL works?

The GPL isn't exclusive to Android. Git isn't exclusive to Android. Common sense isn't exclusive to Android which sometimes I wonder if it even exists here.

I asked you what kernel you were using, you went around the question several times and made excuse after excuse. 5 seconds is what it would of taken for you to update your OP.

Your excuse that you're new to Android is just that, an excuse

Reactions: jl90x

encho

Jul 10, 2010
You said you've spend 15 years around linux yet don't understand how the GPL works?

The GPL isn't exclusive to Android. Git isn't exclusive to Android. Common sense isn't exclusive to Android which sometimes I wonder if it even exists here.

I asked you what kernel you were using, you went around the question several times and made excuse after excuse. 5 seconds is what it would of taken for you to update your OP.

Your excuse that you're new to Android is just that, an excuse
Lol, I've always used the same excuse: my vacation. Also I mentioned I had 15 experience in helping and testing, not the inner works. This is my first attempt at this.

You can't upset me whatever you do, so please give up. I do this for fun, and I will be more careful to keep my OP updated. Is that the whole point? Here is for [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] spreading the love.

btvolta

Nov 26, 2012
Tampa Bay
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Lol, I've always used the same excuse: my vacation. Also I mentioned I had 15 experience in helping and testing, not the inner works. This is my first attempt at this.

You can't upset me whatever you do, so please give up. I do this for fun, and I will be more careful to keep my OP updated. Is that the whole point? Here is for [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] spreading the love.

You know what's funny? Last year, they got accused of stealing Temasek kernel and didn't have anything about it in their op either.

encho

Jul 10, 2010
I hope this is behind us, I have updated the OP as per mods request. My next week's build will have different kernel source and then I'll delete all the builds that have their kernel.

I understand there are many people abandoning the xda because of stuff like this, both devs and the spectators. But I won't until they force me out. Dark side must not win. Lol. I apologise to anyone who had to read last couple of pages, ugly stuff. Let's move on if they let us. :)

foxtaur

Jun 4, 2015
winnipeg
I hope this is behind us, I have updated the OP as per mods request. My next week's build will have different kernel source and then I'll delete all the builds that have their kernel.

I understand there are many people abandoning the xda because of stuff like this, both devs and the spectators. But I won't until they force me out. Dark side must not win. Lol. I apologise to anyone who had to read last couple of pages, ugly stuff. Let's move on if they let us. :)

Woah I come back from supper to read all the previous neg stuffs, jeez guys encho is doing this out of his own blood,sweat and tears to provide us with a phenomenol droid experience. No one is perfect, he's citing sources and takes the effort to update them so why cuz a fuss over it.
The ingratitude of the "entitled" knows no bounds

NB = Encho if your reading this don't close the thread, no reason why someone should spoil the fun for everyone. seems pointless

Reactions: jomar_uk

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
You know what's funny? Last year, they got accused of stealing Temasek kernel and didn't have anything about it in their op either.
Since we're bringing this up, we used the kernel and we had the link to the kernel in our OP.......what temasek wanted was for us to give "credit" when that's not required.

The commit history was there and authorship was maintained

In this case, the links to the "kernel" was linking to something other then the kernel. All we asked is for the link in the OP to be right. We're not asking for DU to be under the credits or any glory hound crap.......two different things BUT please, troll on :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCHitman1

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
Ok guys drop it. Source has been posted as required by our rules. If I have to come back in here and see this again Infractions and banns will be handed out and titles will not matter. I dont care if you an RC, RD, RT or what ever, those that know me know those mean nothing.

nice to have some moderation. this is too good of a rom to go down like that.
rc and rd i know.. wonder what rt is.. recognized troll? hrmmm. anyway thanks finally for some moderation.
back on topic T E S L A R O M.
see ya when youre back from vaca encho:victory:

edit: ohhh ,hahah its themer. i should've guessed you meant business and no jokes today :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ground Zero Roms presents -Tesla- for HLTE

A community built upon the willingness to learn,
    create and socialize on Android.
    Creators of Validus and Tesla Rom, a customs AOSP/CM/SLIM ROMs with many features created in house
    as well as pulled from Paranoid Android and others.

Members are also dev/maintainers for other popular ROMs. Enjoy your stay!
    Also, unofficial builds from source will not be supported.

You assume all responsibility for anything that may happen
    and Team Validus cannot and will not be held responsible
    for anything that may happen to your device as a result of flashing a rom.

*FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK*

--> Ground Zero ROMs G+ <--

Visit The G+ Community for screenshots, news, downloads, bugreports, wallpapers, bootanimations, ....

Rom_Info.png

Google Plus Post

Rom_Download.png

See second post.

features.png

Code:
    SlimPie
    RRO Layers
    Custimizable QS Tiles
    SlimRecents
    Slim's Power Menu
    Slim's Nav bar and Hardware keys configuration
    Animation Control
    App Circle Sidebar
    Lockscreen Weather
    Screenrecorder settings
    Kernel Aduitor built in
    Plus more

screenshots.png

Screenshot_2015_06_16_08_57_22.png
    Screenshot_2015_06_16_08_57_28.png

Screenshot_2015_06_16_08_57_34.png
    Screenshot_2015_06_16_08_57_40.png

Installation Instructions

1. Download the ROM and place the ROM on your SD-Card.

2. Reboot to recovery.

3. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition

4. Flash the ROM.

Optional- Flash GApps.

5. Reboot and Enjoy Tesla Rom!

Tesla Rom for the Samsung SM-N9005

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP,Slim

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.8
    Stable Release Date: 2015-06-17

GPL/Sources
    Tesla Source Code
    Device trees

Builds contain on of the kernel sources below. Future builds will have only one (to be determined after the tests).
    Modified CM stock kernel
    Second source (based on DU kernel)
    Third source (based on Zion kernel)

Created 2015-06-16

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Official] Tesla Rom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    encho
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: slim,aosp,cm

Version Information

Created 2015-08-21
    Last Updated 2015-08-21
    Download
    ROM

Gapps
    Slim gapps
    Banks gapps
    TK Gapps

Instructions
    Enter recovery
    Flash ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot
    I see you got your firmware, @encho (I left mine uploading overnight, it was mega slow!) but if anyone wants this version: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/51025/N9005XXUGBOF1_N9005BTUGBOD2_BTU/ I have it in my drive, which should be quicker to download if you have good internet! I unzipped the zip from Sammobile when I got it and just kept the extracted files which I have rezipped so it's a little bigger: https://drive.google.com/folderview...xaVFBrYXoyQnNraDI0cHplR1o2OXZaSkU&usp=sharing
    It took 3 or so hours to download but finally got it. Yesterday was good day for my development skills. [emoji2] After soft-bricking my phone and losing content of my internal card, finally made it.

Managed to build Tesla, Omni, and Minimal. Minimal had same issues as Tesla; and Omni, well, it was unbuildable because of caf. Today I feel I have really grown up to be a man. Lolol. [emoji41]

And what do we have here?
    uploadfromtaptalk1439853494083.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439853541812.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439853552887.pnguploadfromtaptalk1439853559491.png

New test build will be uploaded soon. Anyone brave enough is welcome to test, as I'm currently busy with other rom. Let's hope this fixes it.

EDIT:
    Sorry for delay, it is still being built as I forgot to add number of threads and it is building at slowest speed. We will probably see M before it is finished, lol. Watch this post.

EDIT2:
    Not today folks, sorry about that. It finally failed to build because of telephony provider issues. We must be on right track, lol.