Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][Official] MIUI Rom v5 (4.11.7) KitKat 4.4.2 Fast & Battery Friendly [OpenBeta]

OP sawgent

22nd November 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #951  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceField

This is because you are using CWM . OTA doesn't update well with CWM
Flash Philz Touch and you can easily upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgent

i always work with cwm.

i have never used philz or twrp with miui.

Ok i'll try to use TWRP. if it still did'nt work well. Then i'll try to flash incremental ROM pack.
22nd November 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #952  
headhood's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
111 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
New vesion is available
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416645173017.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	3027631  
22nd November 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #953  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhartono87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceField

This is because you are using CWM . OTA doesn't update well with CWM
Flash Philz Touch and you can easily upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgent

i always work with cwm.

i have never used philz or twrp with miui.

Ok i'll try to use TWRP. if it still did'nt work well. Then i'll try to flash incremental ROM pack.


i try to use TWRP to update OTA. it's work. but my N900 always show an error message "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped".
then i try to flash it again to 4.11.14, and try to flash incremental ROM pack to 4.11.21. it show a same error.
the last try, i download big file of 4.11.21 about 900mb than flash it. it's work normally.
it's so bad if i must download big file every week to update MIUI version than setup all of my account setting from zero again.
sorry for my bad english.
22nd November 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #954  
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 260
 
1,082 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhartono87

i try to use TWRP to update OTA. it's work. but my N900 always show an error message "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped".
then i try to flash it again to 4.11.14, and try to flash incremental ROM pack to 4.11.21. it show a same error.
the last try, i download big file of 4.11.21 about 900mb than flash it. it's work normally.
it's so bad if i must download big file every week to update MIUI version than setup all of my account setting from zero again.
sorry for my bad english.

Just try it with Philz Touch and you won't have those errors with OTA.
You can read back a few pages back on this thread and you will see that this question has already been solved
The Following User Says Thank You to ForceField For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #955  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhartono87

i try to use TWRP to update OTA. it's work. but my N900 always show an error message "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped".
then i try to flash it again to 4.11.14, and try to flash incremental ROM pack to 4.11.21. it show a same error.
the last try, i download big file of 4.11.21 about 900mb than flash it. it's work normally.
it's so bad if i must download big file every week to update MIUI version than setup all of my account setting from zero again.
sorry for my bad english.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceField

Just try it with Philz Touch and you won't have those errors with OTA.
You can read back a few pages back on this thread and you will see that this question has already been solved

YES it worked by philz recovery. but i there is an error when i update by OTA. i must use incremental ROM pack then its work and no error message again. its' no problems.
i got information in this thread:
When You install the Full ROM MIUI , it removes the recovery . Don't worry , you just need to flash it again
Just Go to download mode (Power Button + Volume Down Button + Home Button ) and flash recovery again thru Odin


so i have suggestion for @sawgent, please edit Installation Instructions to:

- Flash to your phone use PhilZ recovery to prevent any error message.
- Copy rom and gapps zip files to phone or external storage.
- Go recovery mode and make this;
- wipe data/factory
- wipe cache
- format system (optional)
- Then go install zip from sdcard and select rom zip file, select and confirm it.
- After that flash gapps using same way
- When operation complete successfully reset your phone normally.
- First boot take some time.
- flash CWM through ODIN
- flash PhilZ recovery again to prevent any boot loop when use OTA update
The Following User Says Thank You to andyhartono87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #956  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentattack

When you activated greenify from accessibility settings giving fc. Is this happening just on me or this is bug??

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpune1

Yes.. I am getting same error as well.

But greenify is working never the less.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------


Hmm
I am sure some of these issues will be fixed in upcoming releases.

i'm getting same error when i activated du battery saver or greenify from accessibility on 4.11.14 or 4.11.21 version.
i use du battery saver and greenify to save battery. without it my battery drains so fast although it was on airplane mode.
anyone can solved this?

i can't change portable hotspot password too. "OK" button has no effect when i change password.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-20-20-56-10.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	3028074   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-21-09-13-41.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	3028075  
Last edited by andyhartono87; 22nd November 2014 at 03:56 PM. Reason: add another bug report
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes