Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,642 Members 44,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GN3 Ac3 support mod by pako7 - update : found & working !

Tip us?

kursk
Old
(Last edited by kursk; 9th September 2014 at 04:11 PM.) Reason: found
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default GN3 Ac3 support mod by pako7 - update : found & working !

Hi everbody,

pako777 of 4pda.ru (pako7 on xda) was kind enough to send me his patch.

The original patch (as in this topic http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry25623750) is attached to this thread.

As i found too many difference between my original media_codecs.xml and the one in the archive i've juste added these lines to /etc/media_codecs.xml (tagged by <!-- added AC3 support -->, other lines are fyi)
HTML Code:
        <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.flac.dec" type="audio/flac" >
            <Quirk name="needs-flush-before-disable" />
            <Quirk name="decoder-ignores-streamcorrupt-error" />
        </MediaCodec>
        <!-- added AC3 support -->
        <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.ac3.dec" type="audio/ac3" >
        </MediaCodec>
        <!-- added AC3 support -->
        <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.wma.dec" type="audio/x-ms-wma" >
        </MediaCodec>
Also copied the to .so files to /system/lib

I'm on rooted stock 4.4.2 XXUENB1

Cheers !
Attached Files
File Type: rar Patch_AC3_N900.rar - [Click for QR Code] (29.4 KB, 38 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kursk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NHS2008
Old
(Last edited by NHS2008; 11th September 2014 at 05:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 220
So this will add AC3 support to Note 3? got it!
LG Optimus G E970 (AT&T) | CM 10 4.3.1 | CM 3.4.0-CM+

~My phone chronology~
K750i(Drowned) > N70(Broken) > E51(Lost) > N85(Stolen) > Wave S8500!(BACK IN BUSINESS!) > Pilot ZP100(F***** UP!) > ATRIX 2(SOLD!) > Galaxy S3 I9300(SOLD!) > 6303i > XOLO Q800> XOLO Q800> (Both Sold!)Lava IRIS(SOLD!) > Current Device!

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Just a reminder, if you use ES file explorer (not sure about other file managers, don't use anything else), you need to change back file permissions for xml file and both lib files and reboot the phone for it to work.

mikep90
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k View Post
Just a reminder, if you use ES file explorer (not sure about other file managers, don't use anything else), you need to change back file permissions for xml file and both lib files and reboot the phone for it to work.
I just have to copy and paste these lines <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.ac3.dec" type="audio/ac3" > <Quirk name="needs-flush-before-disable" /> <Quirk name="decoder-ignores-streamcorrupt-error" /> </MediaCodec> bc all the other ones are already there so I just want to make sure.

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 73
copy the lines between "added AC3 Support" to mediacodecs.xml, copy 2 files to /system/lib, fix permissions for all 3 files, reboot

mikep90
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k View Post
copy the lines between "added AC3 Support" to mediacodecs.xml, copy 2 files to /system/lib, fix permissions for all 3 files, reboot
OK that's what I did but I didn't have to fix the permissions I had use rom toolbox with browser within that app. It works I didn't reboot but after I did that all is well.

AppleJuice3
Old
(Last edited by AppleJuice3; 17th September 2014 at 04:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I did this fix and now my youtube, watchESPN soundcloud, netflix, hangouts apps force close. The AC3 audio does work though. Any thoughts?

Factory reset did not fix the issue and AC3 audio is still playing. I guess the reset didn't undo the 'fix' .

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleJuice3 View Post
I did this fix and now my youtube, watchESPN soundcloud, netflix, hangouts apps force close. The AC3 audio does work though. Any thoughts?

Factory reset did not fix the issue and AC3 audio is still playing. I guess the reset didn't undo the 'fix' .
Youtube works fine on mine, I don't use other programs,
Double check permissions on the files you accessed, verify you didn't accidentally change anything else in xml file, restore original xml file, if all fails reload original firmware, after factory reset it shouldn't be that much more work.
The Following User Says Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AppleJuice3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I fixed it by reflashing. Didn't have the time to really get into it. Might experiment more this weekend.