[GUIDE] Reset Knox Counter in KitKat and Lollipop N900

Does it work?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
hi Today I found a guide in arabic site so would like to share it with you as i tried it in kitkat and lollipop and it worked with knox container and root both working and knox counter still 0.
previously i used the KNOX NOTE 3 file to reset the KNOX counter but i face problemes
here is the original link :
http://www.android4iraq.com/?p=9575
GUIDE :
You may get the yellow traingle with pc and mobile icon sign, dont worry and consider it a DOWNLOAD MODE and continue the steps
In Every Time you Use odin , be sure to remove the auto reboot check mark
Kitkat :

1. 1- Flash Knox Note 3 in PDA with Auto Reboot NOT checked in odin you may get fail in odin , dont worry and get into download mode again.
    2-Flash Kitkat Bootloader -Named N900_NF3_SR_BL.tar.md5- in PDA tab and restart your phone LINK

Lollipop

1. 1- Flash the kitkat bootlaoder
    2-Flash Knox Note 3
    2-Flash Lollipop Bootloader -Named Bootloader 5- in Bootloader tab
    3-Flash Stock recovery
Credit:
i Dont know the source of Knox Note 3 file please guide me to consider it in the post.
Hello! I have searching for a Solution to reset knox to 0x0! My device (Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE/SM-T705) and it has the same Exynos5420 with Mali-Graphik as the SM-N900 here in the Thread! Perhabs this works also on My Device with the same TUTO as here! Maybe i must change just a few Files (KitKat-Bootloader from My Device, and so on!?)!? What Do You Think?
Thank You, for Your Time!

Last edited:

THpubs

Jul 20, 2012
Colombo
leafycode.com
Worked like a charm on Lollipop! SM-N900! It will get stuck on KNOX flash, ignore and proceed! Thanks a lot!

PS : Samsung Knox keeps failing! Will re-flash the official rom tomorrow and check again.

THpubs

Jul 20, 2012
Colombo
leafycode.com

Spazmogen

Aug 23, 2010
I wonder if somebody knows the answer to my question:

Are the sboot.bin and param.bin in Knox Note3.tar in OP from stock firmware?

Thanks

shayind4

I believe therein is the answer to getting a version specific to each Note 3 variant.

I'm in Canada with the SM-N900W8 (Bell Canada) version. Which I believe has the unlocked bootloader by default.

I've tried to follow this guide from the OP, but by using my own files extracted from Bell Canada firmware. I also tried it using the included files...didn't work (unsupport dev_type). Using all included files from the OP: bootlooped and vibrated but was easily recovered. Make a back up before you mess with it...

I've extracted the Bootloader and Recovery images from Bell Canada Lollipop and made them flash-able in Odin.
I also have the Android 4.3 Bootloader and Recovery images, also made flash-able in Odin. There's a guide here on XDA on how to do it. It's well written and actually fairly simple to follow.

The only file I could not make was the one quoted above by shayind (Knox Note3.tar). That file seems to be specific to the N900 variant. If we can figure out how to create that for each of our versions, then I believe we have defeated Knox.

Suggestions on where to find sboot.bin & param.bin ? They don't seem to be in Lollipop. I have the original Android 4.3 file that mine shipped with (pre-Knox) N900W8OYABMI5 and sboot.bin etc. are not there either, unless they're inside boot.img or recovery.img

Attachments are limited to 8MB each here. Mine are nearly 10mb in .rar Any suggestions for a sharing service to host them?

Last edited:

thangbinh

Sep 5, 2007
hi Today I found a guide in arabic site so would like to share it with you as i tried it in kitkat and lollipop and it worked with knox container and root both working and knox counter still 0.
previously i used the KNOX NOTE 3 file to reset the KNOX counter but i face problemes
GUIDE :
You may get the yellow traingle with pc and mobile icon sign, dont worry and consider it a DOWNLOAD MODE and continue the steps
Kitkat :

1. 1- Flash Knox Note 3 in PDA with Auto Reboot NOT checked in odin you may get fail in odin , dont worry and get into download mode again.
    2-Flash Kitkat Bootloader -Named N900_NF3_SR_BL.tar.md5- in PDA tab and restart your phone LINK

Lollipop

2-Flash Knox Note 3
    3-Flash Stock recovery
Credit:
i Dont know the source of Knox Note 3 file please guide me to consider it in the post.

Thanks, how about Note 3 Neo (N750) ? My phone maybe soft-bricked, I need reset my phone knox to 0 to warranty it, Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUIDE :
    Kitkat :

Lollipop

2-Flash Knox Note 3
      3-Flash Stock recovery
    Credit:
    Someone tested it on Lillipop leak (n900)?

i tested on the kitkat and the leaked lollipop and worked

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thanks it is working as I got it done :good:. Was on "alexega_4.4.2_Edition_XXUENJ1" and then updated to "N900_Lollipop_DrKetan_Custom_ROM_L15". After using Lollipop for 2-3 days just restored through nandroid backup (TWRP) and was with Lollipop BL. First pic is after the Knox reset and second is once I flashed original "N900XXUENH1_N900OJVENG2_N900XXUENG1_HOME" ROM from Samsung :):
    IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    Do they all get flashed as bootloaders or what?

only lollipop bootloader in bootloader tab
    other in pda

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I wonder if somebody knows the answer to my question:

Are the sboot.bin and param.bin in Knox Note3.tar in OP from stock firmware?

Thanks

shayind4