Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What screen size do you want Note 4 to be?
Stay at 5.7 24 68.57%
from 5.7 up to 6.0 10 28.57%
6.0 or bigger 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

I would be very pissed off if the Note 4 will only have a 5.7" screen

Tip us?

kuromusha38
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default I would be very pissed off if the Note 4 will only have a 5.7" screen

All the size speculates that the Note 4 will only have a 5.7" but with 4k resolution. I don't get the point of this, why have a such high resolution but still on 5.7" screen?
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Android version: 4.4.2
Rom: Omega V27
Bootloader: ND3
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.2

ardom
Old
(Last edited by ardom; 8th August 2014 at 04:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha38 View Post
All the size speculates that the Note 4 will only have a 5.7" but with 4k resolution. I don't get the point of this, why have a such high resolution but still on 5.7" screen?
I'd be more than happy if it would retain 5.7". Anything above 6 inch seems to go overboard with the so called phablet. Pocketability option would be close to non existent if it is.

4k resolution on 5.7 inch for me is fine too. I've tried LG G3 and I am honestly impressed.

But that's just my opinion.

We'll still see what Note 4 has to offer. If it is just a screen size/resolution bump and additional sensor gimmicks. I'd probably pass and wait for Note 5.

Since Note 3 still serves me well. I'm hoping that at 2015. New battery technology would be powering the upcoming handsets, as we all know we are just a year or months away from 64 bit processors. The supposed new ion batteries that theoritically doubles battery life of the current lithium ion batteries.
Devices:
Current: Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 Stock 4.4.2 NF4

Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 Stock *retired*
iPhone 5 32GB Black *retired*
Sony Xperia Neo V *given away*
HTC Sensation XE *retired*
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ardom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nighthawk626
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Yeah seriously, 5.7 is like perfect size. Instead of bigger and bigger screen, they can spend that time making better screen and other specs. Seriously the whole thirst for bigger screen and octo processors is just asinine. At the end of the day, its a damn phone. And then after all those specs dumped into the phone, another one will be released the next year. 5.7 with better screen and more PPI. Yes please

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

senectus
Old
Thanks Meter 102
I want smaller bezel and slightly shorter.
I reckon its about 5mm too long at the moment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to senectus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Grimlock1973
Old
Thanks Meter 3
IF the note 4 has the same 5.7 inch screen size as the note 3 I am going to skip it and wait for the note 5 next year. I want a 6 inch screen note and won't support a phone or a company with my hard earned $$ for a new device with the same screen size as last year's model! I currently own a note 3 with a 10,000 mah zerolemon battery and rugged case so I can wait for the note 5 if need be.

onslaught86
Old
Thanks Meter 266
QHD =\= 4K.

I'd like a jump to 5.9" myself.
- onslaught86

HTC Apache PPC6700=>HTC Titan PPC6800=>Samsung Omnia i900=>TMOUS HTC HD2=>Galaxy S Vibrant=>Galaxy S i9000=>Galaxy S II i9100=>Motorola RAZR XT910=>Motorola Electrify=>Galaxy S III i9300=>Galaxy Note II N7100=>Galaxy Note 3 N9005
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onslaught86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bertmansk
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Introducing the Galaxy note 8, with the best AMOLED screen yet, sitting at 9 inches!

Come on guys, when and why did a bigger screen become part of an update requirement?

I won't mind a bigger screen as long as the size of the phone stays the same (ie smaller bezels). But, there's not much room left.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bertmansk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rawand Kurdy
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Hhhhh , you wont see a 4K display in a phone untill next year or the year after and the screen size will be smaller not bigger
Samsung need to compete with the 5.5inch iphone 6 so they will make the note 4 screen smaller to 5.5inch or they will keep the same 5.7inch and it will have a snapdragon 805 chip with a QHD=2K super amoled display like the galaxy s5 lte-a

Personally i have the galaxy note3 and i skipped galaxy s5 because the note 3 was better and i am waiting for samsung to impress us/me with the note4
My Phones ; LG old one > Nokia N73 (Sold) > Nokia N95 (Sold) > Nokia 5800 (Sold) > Nokia N85 (Sold) > Nokia N95 8GB (Sold)> Nokia N96 > Nokia 5800 (stolen) > Blackberry Bold (Sold) > Nokia 5800 (Sold) > Nokia C7 (Sold) > Nokia 701 (Sold) > Galaxy S II > Galaxy S III > iPhone 5 (Sold) > Galaxy S4 ! (Next Galaxy S5 or iPhone 6)
-----
i have many roms for nokia devices just go to DailyMobile or MeNokia
soon roms for my Galaxy Note3 N9005 on XDA ,
The Following User Says Thank You to Rawand Kurdy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joebongo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The screen size doesn't bother me if it goes up, but any of the epic fail features (waterproofing causing system overheating or port covers that fall off/are a pain to use) will preclude me from buying the Note 4.

I want buy it but I won't if it's going to be a turkey like the Galaxy 5, Xperia Z2 etc.
Tosh E200 > XDA2 > XDA2s > XDA2i > Wizard > Universal > Tornado > Kaiser > Kovsky > Samsung Galaxy S > Bravo > iPhone 4S > Nexus 4 > HTC One M8 > Samsung Galaxy S5 > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Wired4Fun
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I must admit I get quite a kick out of people who say they'll wait for the Note 5, even though the Note 4 hasn't even been released yet.

For the guys who think the Note 4 sucks, I'd just like to save you a little time...

The Note 5 sucks too.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wired4Fun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]