Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Samsung did the curved screen

OP sirobelec

3rd September 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
IT'S OFFICIAL

SAMSUNG GODDAMN DID IT

2 NOTES THIS YEAR, THE NORMAL NOTE 4

AND THE

GALAXY NOTE EDGE

*end rant*

Had to do it in caps.

TouchWiz devs, I wish you happy modding with two more sides of a screen.
3rd September 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
198 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Omg
All totally disappointing. If you own note 3 compare to what you pay for so little.
Edge was ugly as hell. And what it is useful for? Another gimmick that dies soon.
3rd September 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny1991

Omg
All totally disappointing. If you own note 3 compare to what you pay for so little.
Edge was ugly as hell. And what it is useful for? Another gimmick that dies soon.

All true, it will be some time before I change my Nope 3 and it won't be for a Nope 4.

Gonna wait for the Nope 5, or the first graphene smartphone.
4th September 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
pretty cool, in to minds weither to get the note 4 i have the 3 and its a freaking awesome phone
4th September 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #5  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,012
 
4,045 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny1991

Omg
All totally disappointing. If you own note 3 compare to what you pay for so little.
Edge was ugly as hell. And what it is useful for? Another gimmick that dies soon.

It's not about usefulness. Samsung incorporated it as the very first company, meaning everyone after this will not be able to claim 'innovation'.

Nobody thought 5.5" on a Note 1 would be useful, either. Nor when the first smartphone came out, for that matter. And look where we are today.

No, this little edge may not have much use. (On that I agree)

However, this is just the first step. Someone had to be the first, and now it opens the door for other designs, with dual-side screens and full-wrist smart watches a future possibility. Now that, I can see being.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
4th September 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
What bothers me is the two step forward, one step backwards approach. They claim no one used USB 3 so back to USB2, how about fixing stupid USB3 so it's autodetecting, not obscure cumbersome manual menu switch that expires as implemented on Note3? Especially now that more computers actually have USB3. And how come GS5 is waterproof and Note 4 not, is Note 4 not expensive enough to be worth protecting from accidental water damage? If the edge screen is properly implemented it could become standard in the future, but I keep on thinking how do you pick up and hold the phone without accidently activating any of the menus there.
Well, time will tell, I'll check it in the store when available but doubt I will be getting it.
4th September 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
444 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k

What bothers me is the two step forward, one step backwards approach. They claim no one used USB 3 so back to USB2, how about fixing stupid USB3 so it's autodetecting, not obscure cumbersome manual menu switch that expires as implemented on Note3? Especially now that more computers actually have USB3. And how come GS5 is waterproof and Note 4 not, is Note 4 not expensive enough to be worth protecting from accidental water damage? If the edge screen is properly implemented it could become standard in the future, but I keep on thinking how do you pick up and hold the phone without accidently activating any of the menus there.
Well, time will tell, I'll check it in the store when available but doubt I will be getting it.

Still don't see why people want their phones waterproof that badly;

The costs are just alot higher, cause the design needs to be smart enough for it.

To test the ip standards seems to be expensive two..

For me;

I am not planning to swim with my phone, The phone is to big to drop into the toilet, I don't need a stupid thing to close down my micro usb port.
Therefor, My Note 3 has been wet from the rain already like 3-4 times. No problem(So did my gear which hadn't have any problems as well).


Okay, if you can have it; a waterproof phone is awesome, but it just ruins the design.

If you are using such expensive phone, be carefull with it. I never have had a phone with a broken display.. Let me say it better; I never had a phone with scratches that came within my usage. Not even the chrome stripe that comes around the note 3 is damaged.. Just use the proper case and tempered glass..

If you are in need of a phone that needs to be dustproof, waterproof, shockproof; This is not the device you are searching for..

To tell you another story;

I have just bought a One M8 because the build quality is superb, I absolutely love the metal.. Now the story continues and I am using that stupid case that got with it, and it gives protection.. but the build is gone.. I can't go without the case, but I also can't go with something around my phone that ruins that beautiful build. Thats why I have decided to sell my one m8 again(lol). I am just way too carefull with the things I appreciate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armazia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Waterproofing doesn't ruin the design, it should be invisible on the outside, (how Sony Z series or GS5 design is ruined by waterproofing?) which is kind of moot point for you (and me) anyhow since you're using case.
If your phone was wet 3-4 times already (especially that you claim to be so careful with it), you're just lucky, my friends Note 3 stopped working first time he got caught in heavy rain. After 5 days of drying it, it seems to work again but just luck something didn't got burn and he was without a phone for 5 days, since at the beginning it wouldn't even boot. USB port doesn't have to have cover, it could be sealed inside with contacts exposed.
I guess everybody has it's own vision of what his/her perfect phone should be, I'm missing waterproofing the most, as the Note3 meets all my other expectations. I bet your change your mind about waterproofing the first time your expensive phone gets water damage.
We even had a guy on this forums dropping his 2 weeks old Note3 into Jet A fuel tank so things happen when you least expect it.
Don't misunderstand me, Note4 is very nice phone, but would I really see much difference between CPU running 2.3GHz and 2.7 GHz or higher screen resolution? GPU needs to be faster just to keep up with larger number of pixels on screen. Waterproofing would give me piece of mind every time I take my kids to waterpark, beach or just get stuck outside in bad weather.
If it wasn't for S-pen I would look for new phone elsewhere, but there is really no alternative if you want s-pen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armazia

Still don't see why people want their phones waterproof that badly;

The costs are just alot higher, cause the design needs to be smart enough for it.

To test the ip standards seems to be expensive two..

For me;

I am not planning to swim with my phone, The phone is to big to drop into the toilet, I don't need a stupid thing to close down my micro usb port.
Therefor, My Note 3 has been wet from the rain already like 3-4 times. No problem(So did my gear which hadn't have any problems as well).


Okay, if you can have it; a waterproof phone is awesome, but it just ruins the design.

If you are using such expensive phone, be carefull with it. I never have had a phone with a broken display.. Let me say it better; I never had a phone with scratches that came within my usage. Not even the chrome stripe that comes around the note 3 is damaged.. Just use the proper case and tempered glass..

If you are in need of a phone that needs to be dustproof, waterproof, shockproof; This is not the device you are searching for..

To tell you another story;

I have just bought a One M8 because the build quality is superb, I absolutely love the metal.. Now the story continues and I am using that stupid case that got with it, and it gives protection.. but the build is gone.. I can't go without the case, but I also can't go with something around my phone that ruins that beautiful build. Thats why I have decided to sell my one m8 again(lol). I am just way too carefull with the things I appreciate.


The Following User Says Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes