Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you install Windows Phone on your Note 3 Device?
Yes 9 56.25%
No 7 43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Windows 8.1 for Note 3. Not a launcher!

Tip us?

NJDubois
Old
(Last edited by NJDubois; 8th July 2014 at 10:56 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Windows 8.1 for Note 3. Not a launcher!

From Microsoft

From Samsung

Why have I not seen anything, and cannot search and find something for, on XDA regarding installing win 8.1 on note 3? Am I missing something here?

Or can I install, not emulate, not fake, but full blown windows phone on my note 3? Understand I have developed using visual studios for 10+ years. Can learn to do windows apps faster than android apps. I'm not strong with Java.... yet.

Has anyone done this? Anyone have a link to a tutorial on this? I am just about to start my search but something tells me that if this is legit I'm going to have windows running instead of android on my note 3. Or.. I'm going to perma brick it, or it will blow up, or a little android is going to pop out behind the battery and kick me in the nuts for trying.

Who knows?

Nick

[EDIT] ah HA HA! I don't think windows phone is available for download. Damn.[EDIT]

NJDubois
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I'm an idiot. This is the other way around, plugging device into windows pc. DOH

q8peace
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDubois View Post
From Microsoft

From Samsung

Why have I not seen anything, and cannot search and find something for, on XDA regarding installing win 8.1 on note 3? Am I missing something here?

Or can I install, not emulate, not fake, but full blown windows phone on my note 3? Understand I have developed using visual studios for 10+ years. Can learn to do windows apps faster than android apps. I'm not strong with Java.... yet.

Has anyone done this? Anyone have a link to a tutorial on this? I am just about to start my search but something tells me that if this is legit I'm going to have windows running instead of android on my note 3. Or.. I'm going to perma brick it, or it will blow up, or a little android is going to pop out behind the battery and kick me in the nuts for trying.

Who knows?

Nick

[EDIT] ah HA HA! I don't think windows phone is available for download. Damn.[EDIT]

what the **** note 3 is very powerful because of android touch wiz on it yeah there is some bloat need to be removed but sick windows 8.1 very losing market share the war is ios vs android / stupid windows should not compete at all

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 902

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
From Microsoft

From Samsung

Who knows?

Nick

Quote:
I'm an idiot. This is the other way around, plugging device into windows pc. DOH
Good, at least you acknowledged your blasphemous realization, most people just post here asking a question and then disappears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by q8peace View Post
what the **** note 3 is very powerful because of android touch wiz on it yeah there is some bloat need to be removed but sick windows 8.1 very losing market share the war is ios vs android / stupid windows should not compete at all
Angry Birds and CoD and MW2 and Black Ops 2 and sh*t.

Watch your language and provide useful information rather than bashing operating systems with no fact base.

I personally run Windows 8.1 and it is way faster than any other OS I have used. It may not be as user friendly like Windows 7, but the background tweaks and touch ups are far more superior than any Android software could come to be. SSD and EFI based systems get the benefit of Windows 8's new features, and boots way faster than an old computer running Windows 8.

When talking about the share on mobile devices, get it right. No OSes are competing against each other. It's the company who holds the software that is trying to compete with each other. Google's Android is not even trying to compete, but rather enhance their software to cater to the users. Apple is just re-releasing old software as new, or just stealing ideas from Android (so people won't have another reason to leave iOS). Samsung is competing using their hardware improvements like heart rate monitor, S Pen, etc, while Apple just re-released the iPhone 4 three times in a different form factor with 'supposedly updated specs'.

You can't fight a war that you didn't begin to attend. Windows mobile never dominated for the reason of dominating like Apple does. In fact, Microsoft is doing a great job of replacing Symbian, WebOS and all those legacy operating systems - because there is now a low cost, non-heavy CPU efficient OS out there, it removes the necessity to shove Symbian on a low-budget phone and make it sh*ttier.
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
C-RoM v7.1, Temasek v3.76, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

dakunclear
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Actually I love android but the note 3 would make a great phone to have WP 8.1 on and I would try that out for sure or if i could dual boot that would be even better

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Free mobile app
LG optimus 2X || Nexus 5
Galaxy S3 T999V || LG G2
Galaxy Note II T889V || Asus TF101
Galaxy S4 M919V || Asus TF300T
Nexus 7 (2013) || Xperia Z1
Galaxy Note 3 || Galaxy Gear 2 Neo

4 everything else theres XDA Developers

“Because every gamer is a true gamer: motion gamers, sitting gamers, everyone. And though we may pledge fanboy allegiances to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master, one king and His name is Gaming. FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!” ~ Kevin Butler

eiril_77
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Yayaya better for dual boot

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app