Aosp dialer on tw

OP niyazidk

25th August 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 1

124 posts
More
I like the aosp dialer. I have searched both xda and Internet to find out how i can get it on my phone with stock rom. I have tried to push Google dialer and contacts to system. I can install them but i can't use them because of fc.
Anyone with a idea or something that could help..?
25th August 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 216

786 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niyazidk

I like the aosp dialer. I have searched both xda and Internet to find out how i can get it on my phone with stock rom. I have tried to push Google dialer and contacts to system. I can install them but i can't use them because of fc.
Anyone with a idea or something that could help..?

You can move to aosp rom

AFAIK TW is too deep in the system, I think it is not possible without breaking something. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
25th August 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Copenhagen

124 posts
More
Yes i it is deep, therefore I didn't delete Samsung's dialer...etc. I am actually on aosp now. But sometimes I need s-pen, gear menager...
25th September 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Copenhagen

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by encho

You can move to aosp rom

AFAIK TW is too deep in the system, I think it is not possible without breaking something. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:

Yes i it is deep, therefore I didn't delete Samsung's dialer...etc. I am actually on aosp now. But sometimes I need s-pen, gear menager...

Yes I will also to move aosp. But as long as I have random reboot, I can't move. The most note 3 user have random reboot problems with aosp.
26th September 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #5  

786 posts
Quote:

Yes I will also to move aosp. But as long as I have random reboot, I can't move. The most note 3 user have random reboot problems with aosp.

I think most of those random reboot issues are gone. I am on Slim rom, Lean kernel, and did not have any issues for weeks. It all depends if you are using 'nightlies', which might be unstable, or official releases. Every rom has official 'stable' release once in a while. Stick to that and you will not have any issues. If you install slim rom, go with weekly 7.9, not the latest 8.0 (new release, although stable, you should probably wait for 8.1 or 8.2). If you go with cyanogen, install M10 release. On top of that you might want to use stable kernel, such as lean kernel, for additional speed and battery life.
26th September 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Copenhagen

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by encho

I think most of those random reboot issues are gone. I am on Slim rom, Lean kernel, and did not have any issues for weeks. It all depends if you are using 'nightlies', which might be unstable, or official releases. Every rom has official 'stable' release once in a while. Stick to that and you will not have any issues. If you install slim rom, go with weekly 7.9, not the latest 8.0 (new release, although stable, you should probably wait for 8.1 or 8.2). If you go with cyanogen, install M10 release. On top of that you might want to use stable kernel, such as lean kernel, for additional speed and battery life.

I will try it. Actually maybe I have tried it before. I guess reboot problems causes by bluetooth. It happens when I connect it to my car. Not always but often.
Btw, i have also a problem that exists in every aosp/cm rom. You know when you tap and hold an app from app drewer you have two options on the top of screen. One is app info and the other is uninstall. After a few reboots the options disapper. You can still move the icon to the top and choose one of options even these options are unvisiable.
Any help?
26th September 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #7  

786 posts
I don't use bluetooth, so I can not tell. As for the icon problem, never seen that before, but it is definitely related to the launcher. Which one were you using, stock, trebuchet, or nova? Slim comes with nova and doesn't have such issues.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread