Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

[Q] Bad reception / dropped calls / no network

27th July 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

30 posts
Hey everyone. I don't know if this has been discussed already but I did search the crap out of google only to find, we'll, not much really...

The topic title says it all.. I am having major issues with terrible data reception resulting in unsent SMS and straight to voicemail calls. It is getting really annoying. I have tried everything.. Changed SIM card, Odin back to 4.3 stock, flashed random modems in hope they work...

The really annoying part is that it gets great reception in so local areas.. I went to the BELL store to whine about the problem and the darnn phone was getting 4 bars. Made me look like a fool.

My wife has an s3 with bell and while I get missed calls she gets great reception so it can't be the ISP ..

Is anyone else about to go nuts? Is anyone looking at possible tweaks around this? Thanks
27th July 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,152

1,802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obtuce

Hey everyone. I don't know if this has been discussed already but I did search the crap out of google only to find, we'll, not much really...

The topic title says it all.. I am having major issues with terrible data reception resulting in unsent SMS and straight to voicemail calls. It is getting really annoying. I have tried everything.. Changed SIM card, Odin back to 4.3 stock, flashed random modems in hope they work...

The really annoying part is that it gets great reception in so local areas.. I went to the BELL store to whine about the problem and the darnn phone was getting 4 bars. Made me look like a fool.

My wife has an s3 with bell and while I get missed calls she gets great reception so it can't be the ISP ..

Is anyone else about to go nuts? Is anyone looking at possible tweaks around this? Thanks

IMHO Bell sucks.

Canadian providers just suck.
27th July 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

IMHO Bell sucks.

Canadian providers just suck.

Thanks for your insight lol..
27th July 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #4  

1,802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for your insight lol..

No seriously.

I have a Canadian Note 3, on Rogers. Occasionally I get only 3G, no signal, and little LTE.

Only in the most crowded places is there good signal, like downtown Toronto.
27th July 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:

No seriously.

I have a Canadian Note 3, on Rogers. Occasionally I get only 3G, no signal, and little LTE.

Only in the most crowded places is there good signal, like downtown Toronto.

I agree my man.. But as i stated, my wife on her S3 gets great signal where i do not... So i think the problem is beyond Rogers/Bell ..
28th July 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #6  

1,802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I agree my man.. But as i stated, my wife on her S3 gets great signal where i do not... So i think the problem is beyond Rogers/Bell ..

Try updating to the latest 4.4.2 firmware and hope for the best.
30th July 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:

Try updating to the latest 4.4.2 firmware and hope for the best.

up to date alreay man. i am gonna revert back to stock again and keep it stock for a while to see if it's an issue with custom roms.

in the mean time, am i the only one with bad reception issues?
14th September 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:

up to date alreay man. i am gonna revert back to stock again and keep it stock for a while to see if it's an issue with custom roms.

in the mean time, am i the only one with bad reception issues?

No, I also have terrible reception problems on mine. I'm in the US (T-Mobile). This phone has the worst reception and I basically don't get any bars in most buildings I go into (where I used to have full bars on my galaxy s2). For data, I only see "E" all the time and rarely see 4G, again in places where I used to always have excellent reception with my old galaxy S2.

Waiting to see if anyone has a tip or a fix for this. I can't return the phone because I bought it second hand.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread