Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 39,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera dust or something else?

Tip us?

daxdax89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Exclamation [Q] Camera dust or something else?

I started to notice this little spot on camera,is it dust or is camera damaged by light or something?Can i fix it somehow?Don't have warranty,what should i do?

Here are examples how it looks.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/70wankgua...1D5YgTD-a?dl=0

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxdax89 View Post
I started to notice this little spot on camera,is it dust or is camera damaged by light or something?Can i fix it somehow?Don't have warranty,what should i do?

Here are examples how it looks.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/70wankgua...1D5YgTD-a?dl=0
it does look like a dust, if you're handy just a little, search youtube for note 3 disassembly and follow the video to open it up and clean the lens. I just swapped motherboard on my old galaxy s3, so had to take both cams out and disconnect everything. It was really easy, just get good mini cross screwdriver and take it really slow and easy, so you don't break anything. I love how Samsung builds their phones, everything is modular, connectors are easy to pop, no hidden hooks, no problems whatsoever. Just take your time take battery, sim and sd card out and you should be fine unless you have no experience working with electronics at all.

daxdax89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k View Post
it does look like a dust, if you're handy just a little, search youtube for note 3 disassembly and follow the video to open it up and clean the lens. I just swapped motherboard on my old galaxy s3, so had to take both cams out and disconnect everything. It was really easy, just get good mini cross screwdriver and take it really slow and easy, so you don't break anything. I love how Samsung builds their phones, everything is modular, connectors are easy to pop, no hidden hooks, no problems whatsoever. Just take your time take battery, sim and sd card out and you should be fine unless you have no experience working with electronics at all.

I did all,it's not dust,it looks like it's dead pixel on camera sensor after all....Samsung phones so squishy ffs,i am definitelly never going for samsung again,had problems with s4,s5,note,time for Xperia.