Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] CivatoROM - Problems

OP SirTurbo

17th August 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Hello, i have to post here ´cause no rights to write in development forum.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49492813

Today i tried to flash FlexKat 6.3 over my 6.1 and CWM gave me error. Hash-Code is right and i tried to flash from sd and from internal memory (sd is exfat, was not sure if that would be a problem, was not up to 6.1)

How can i find out if the rom is damaged or what to do?
And in the past days i have serious problems to connect via USB. Am i the only one and my usb is going to die? At the moment my note isnt connected at USB3 and at USB2 i get an error when i try to write date, on internal and on external sd.

Any suggestions?
17th August 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 528

408 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTurbo

Hello, i have to post here ´cause no rights to write in development forum.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49492813

Today i tried to flash FlexKat 6.3 over my 6.1 and CWM gave me error. Hash-Code is right and i tried to flash from sd and from internal memory (sd is exfat, was not sure if that would be a problem, was not up to 6.1)

How can i find out if the rom is damaged or what to do?
And in the past days i have serious problems to connect via USB. Am i the only one and my usb is going to die? At the moment my note isnt connected at USB3 and at USB2 i get an error when i try to write date, on internal and on external sd.

Any suggestions?

Coming from cwm always requires a clean flash not dirty flash
17th August 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meawww

Coming from cwm always requires a clean flash not dirty flash

Öhm? I always flashed newer versions by cwm dirty (only caches wiped). All the years
And i am just bootin a 6.2 flashed dirty over the 6.1 - only the 6.3 gives error. And this error is not because of dirty or not - that MAY be at the USB-Problem, but error at flashing ignores if wiped or not, just writes to a partition that is clean or not. W/o wipe there may be old files causing problems, but in my case there is flashed nothing, just opening romfile seems to fail.

Edit: to makle clear, maybe i used the wrong term? cwm in this case is the custom recovery.
Last edited by SirTurbo; 17th August 2014 at 06:39 PM. Reason: term clearance
17th August 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #4  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 528

408 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTurbo

Öhm? I always flashed newer versions by cwm dirty (only caches wiped). All the years
And i am just bootin a 6.2 flashed dirty over the 6.1 - only the 6.3 gives error. And this error is not because of dirty or not - that MAY be at the USB-Problem, but error at flashing ignores if wiped or not, just writes to a partition that is clean or not. W/o wipe there may be old files causing problems, but in my case there is flashed nothing, just opening romfile seems to fail.

Edit: to makle clear, maybe i used the wrong term? cwm in this case is the custom recovery.

Ohhh recovery thought was the firmware well it can be corrupted file during download or transfer check the md5 if its all good then transfer
17th August 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meawww

Ohhh recovery thought was the firmware well it can be corrupted file during download or transfer check the md5 if its all good then transfer

one of my customers used to say "easy things i can do on my own"*G
In startpost i wrote: "Hash-Code is right and i tried to flash from sd and from internal memory (sd is exfat, was not sure if that would be a problem, was not up to 6.1)" - hashcode/md5 was one of my first thoughts. But - no...

But thanks

Edit: ok, md5 seems to be wrong... "my" md5 was identical to the one on AndroidFileHost. But "now" i see a new hash there... Not the hash, the file on AFHJ appears as it has been corrupt.
Last edited by SirTurbo; 17th August 2014 at 09:57 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread