[Q] Confused by all the different models - What's the best one for this?

OP Gaścho comedor

2nd September 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 9

94 posts
More
I've been reading for a while now and I am still confused about all the different models available. It looks like all international models are bundled together here and I find it difficult to tell what's for what model. This is what I am trying to accomplish: buy an unlocked, non-carrier Note 3 that runs CM 11 to use with AT&T. These are my concerns/remarks:

1 - I am fine without LTE on AT&T;
I realize that The T-mobile version would be ideal for me, but it's way too expensive to buy new and I am tired of hearing stories of people buying it used just to find out afterwards that the phone is not fully paid for and it gets blocked. Also, I haven't been able to find a used one that wasn't damaged or worn out in some way.

2 - I don't want any carrier version of the phone;
All locked and there's no way around it. And not the T-Mobile one because of #1.

3 - It needs to have an unlocked/unlockable bootloader and run CM 11;
This is an absolute requirement.

4 - I'd rather have a Snapdragon version;
I always hear better comments about the Snapdragon version over the Exynos one since way back when. I'm not really sure this belief is true.

5 - If there are more AOSP ROMs for it, great, but it's not necessary;
If CM runs fine, I don't really need anything else.

6 - I don't care at all about KNOX or warranty stuff;

7 - I'd like to take advantage of lower pricing now that the Note 4 is coming out.

I see lots or ROMs here and even CM itself, but because they are all jumbled together here, I can never tell which model they are for specifically. If you can help me with that, it would be absolutely awesome. Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread