Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dialer problems: will dial but that's all, goes black

Tip us?

Gungahlin Al
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Dialer problems: will dial but that's all, goes black

I have a problem with the dialer. This was my first time flashing a ROM and everything has worked smoothly, except this.
I can initiate a call fine. But once the call is going, the screen goes black and I can't do anything with the dialer. I have to place the phone flat on a bench to even be able to get a screen to come up after mashing buttons. It stays black otherwise, so it isn't using the proximity sensor as it should. In fact I also can't find anything in the ROM settings about using the proximity sensor.
Then even when I have the screen lit up, I can't input further numbers, hang up, anything - none of the soft buttons respond in any way.
Who'd think you use a phone for making phone calls? But I do need to sometimes, so this is pretty annoying.

The install was on a clean phone, with cache and Dalvik wiped too, with guidance from someone who flashes ROMs regularly.
I installed the stock GApps package from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
But even if I install 3rd party diallers, they still seem to call up the dialer from the ROM.

Thanks.

Samsung Note 3 SM-N9005
CyanogenMod 4.4.4 11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-hlte
Apex Launcher

Gungahlin Al
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Problem resolved: I clean installed C-ROM instead of Cyanogen Mod and everything is now working fine.
Something is pretty messed up in the current version of CM for the Note 3.