Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,840 Members 40,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Download apps only on WIFI

Tip us?

EeeK
Old
(Last edited by EeeK; 12th July 2014 at 10:04 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.sam View Post
What I mean, with this settings if your phone is on 3G data it wont download the app right then, it will start download when you will be connected to WIFI next time. But if you're on wifi the app will start download right then. Home this make sense.
In the playstore app on my phone, the Auto-update apps is already set to Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only. On my PC browser, I'm logon with the same account as in my phone. When I click on the install button of an app, my phone on 3G download the app almost immediately. My setup are the same as you but I'm getting a different result as you've mentioned.

Would like to highlight again, apps that have been installed on my phone only download updates when my phone wifi turn on, I would like to have this behavior to apply when I clicked install new apps on my PC browser.

My Phone History
2014 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3
2010 - Apple iPhone 4
2007 - Apple iPhone
2005 - Sony Ericsson W800i
2000 - Panasonic GD92

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 784
I can't test it right now because providers do not appear to be aware of thw existence of reinforced concrete houses. (G, 1 bar... If I'm lucky.)

But try this:

Turn on Restrict Background data for Google Play Store, Google Play Services and Media under settings > Data Usags > the app in the list > restrict background data (all the way at the bottom).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EeeK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
I can't test it right now because providers do not appear to be aware of thw existence of reinforced concrete houses. (G, 1 bar... If I'm lucky.)

But try this:

Turn on Restrict Background data for Google Play Store, Google Play Services and Media under settings > Data Usags > the app in the list > restrict background data (all the way at the bottom).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
After setting the restrict background data, it seems to work as what I wanted.

Thanks for your help!

My Phone History
2014 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3
2010 - Apple iPhone 4
2007 - Apple iPhone
2005 - Sony Ericsson W800i
2000 - Panasonic GD92