Download apps only on WIFI

OP EeeK

12th July 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.sam

What I mean, with this settings if your phone is on 3G data it wont download the app right then, it will start download when you will be connected to WIFI next time. But if you're on wifi the app will start download right then. Home this make sense.

In the playstore app on my phone, the Auto-update apps is already set to Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only. On my PC browser, I'm logon with the same account as in my phone. When I click on the install button of an app, my phone on 3G download the app almost immediately. My setup are the same as you but I'm getting a different result as you've mentioned.

Would like to highlight again, apps that have been installed on my phone only download updates when my phone wifi turn on, I would like to have this behavior to apply when I clicked install new apps on my PC browser.
Last edited by EeeK; 12th July 2014 at 11:04 AM.
13th July 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #12  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,038

4,167 posts
More
I can't test it right now because providers do not appear to be aware of thw existence of reinforced concrete houses. (G, 1 bar... If I'm lucky.)

But try this:

Turn on Restrict Background data for Google Play Store, Google Play Services and Media under settings > Data Usags > the app in the list > restrict background data (all the way at the bottom).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

I can't test it right now because providers do not appear to be aware of thw existence of reinforced concrete houses. (G, 1 bar... If I'm lucky.)

But try this:

Turn on Restrict Background data for Google Play Store, Google Play Services and Media under settings > Data Usags > the app in the list > restrict background data (all the way at the bottom).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

After setting the restrict background data, it seems to work as what I wanted.

Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread