E: Can't mount /cache in CWM, TWRP...

OP McIringer

28th August 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

38 posts
Hello, I have N9005 with KK bootloader, yesterday I installed TWRP and got the message below. I still can flash ROMs (actually installed Omega with no problem). Later I tried CWM and Philz, but get the same message. Even if I try to manually mount cache it does not work. How to solve this issue? I would be glad if anyone can help. And another thing, when I installed Omega ROM in aroma and chose custom kernel, phone did not boot, with the message on boot screen was something about ''selinux kernel not ...''. Then I installed again with stock kernel and phone booted normally...

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
28th August 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

38 posts
Anyone with the same issue, how did you solve it? Is there a partition corruption involved?
28th August 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #3  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 509

928 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by McIringer

Anyone with the same issue, how did you solve it? Is there a partition corruption involved?

Flash latest TWRP

-Reboot into Recovery.
-Go to "Wipe".
-Go to "Advanced Wipe".
-Choose "Cache".
-Go to "Repair or Change Filesystem".
-Press "Change Filesystem".
-Press "EXT4".
-Reboot system and wait until Android completely boot up.
-Reboot into recovery to check if problem still persists.
-Go to "Wipe"
-Go to "Advanced Wipe"
-Choose "Cache"
-Press Wipe and when finished, post how long it took to finish cache wipe.
The Following User Says Thank You to nitrous² For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

38 posts
Thank you very much for the instructions. Actually I somehow managed to solve the issue few minutes ago. I just used wipe cache function, left the phone for about 10 min and it did it. After that there was no message about can't mount cache anymore and wiping cache takes only few seconds from then on. Hope it is solved... Or should I still do what you suggested, fixing file system... Is it safer to use TWRP or CWM based recovery. Is it just personal preference?
One more thing if I may, Do you happen to know if there is problem with custom kernels and booting ROMs on Note 3... With custom omega kernel phone did not boot, when using stock kernel it did without problem...
28th August 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 509

928 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by McIringer

Thank you very much for the instructions. Actually I somehow managed to solve the issue few minutes ago. I just used wipe cache function, left the phone for about 10 min and it did it. After that there was no message about can't mount cache anymore and wiping cache takes only few seconds from then on. Hope it is solved... Or should I still do what you suggested, fixing file system... Is it safer to use TWRP or CWM based recovery. Is it just personal preference?
One more thing if I may, Do you happen to know if there is problem with custom kernels and booting ROMs on Note 3... With custom omega kernel phone did not boot, when using stock kernel it did without problem...

No, no need to to it anymore. Glad you got your phone working again. If it happens again, try the steps I mentioned in my first post. I'd be happy if you then could report whether it worked or not. I can only guess if it's just about personal preference. Both recovery systems do basically the same with TWRP being the most advanced and easy to use. I use TWRP because of the many options and most importantly password protection to enter recovery. But be aware that some ROMs are only flashable with certain recovery systems. I can't tell the reason behind it.
I'm sorry, I can't tell you why your phone didn't boot up on Omega kernel. The best thing you can do is re-read OP and ask in the dedicated threads for help.
The Following User Says Thank You to nitrous² For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

38 posts
Thank you very much for being helpful!
Greetings from Slovenia!
The Following User Says Thank You to McIringer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #7  
Flag Velenje
Thanks Meter: 79

490 posts
More
Can anyone help i get error when try wipe dalvik cache & cache i get this E:Unable to mount '/cache im on latest version of TWRP

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread