[Q] Flash Recovery with Heimdall [Note 3]
So first off I have the SM-N900V (Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Verizon) [hltevzw]
Currently following the instructions over on the CyanogenMod website, and have ran into a problem while trying to flash the PhilZ Touch Recovery. I have tried to flash with Odin-on almost every version-and have failed every time. So I took the path with Heimdall, and got the farthest. This was the process I took:
1) Power off device and boot into download mode (Volume down + Home + Power).
2) Plug in device and open command window in folder location (Where the recover.img is).
3) Run this command: heimdall flash --recovery recovery.img --no-reboot
4) This is the outcome:
Setting up interface...
Protocol initialization successful.
Some devices may take up to 2 minutes to respond.
Please be patient!
Downloading device's PIT file...
ERROR: Failed to send request to end PIT file transfer!
ERROR: Failed to download PIT file!
1) Does the phone need to be rooted?
2) Any reason why it is failing the send a request?
Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!