Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 48,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

should I stop buying galaxy phones because of poor music quality?

Tip us?

mak_417
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question should I stop buying galaxy phones because of poor music quality?

I donot know if it is something wrong with the galaxy lineup or maybe android but I am having poor music quality on my phones I had a galaxy s3 and now a galaxy note 3 .Tried nearly every player poweramp,winamp,player pro and even rooted the s3 to try viper4android but the music always sucks either too flat or too noisy .should I try a sony device or the music on android isnot rich and crips (os problem).
I tried the new Adapt sound in note 3 with the default player and nothing new.
I use the bundled samsung headsets (tell me if I should replace them).
Thanks in advance ☺.

4aces
Old
Thanks Meter 675
Are u talking about the sound with or without headphones?
Anyway I think the sound is one of the best u can find on any cell phone, there are just a few better (htc m8 4 example). If u are talking headphones I would personally advice anyone to switch away from in ear headphones (sound always bad to me) and take some real headphones instead. Hope that helps in any way
The Following User Says Thank You to 4aces For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mak_417
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
With headphones .

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak_417 View Post
I donot know if it is something wrong with the galaxy lineup or maybe android but I am having poor music quality on my phones I had a galaxy s3 and now a galaxy note 3 .Tried nearly every player poweramp,winamp,player pro and even rooted the s3 to try viper4android but the music always sucks either too flat or too noisy .should I try a sony device or the music on android isnot rich and crips (os problem).
Thanks in advance ☺.
Bundled headphones are rather poor/flat for music - I still use those sometimes as a headset since the controls and mic work (while other models of headsets do not) but for music I use separate headphones.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
The Following User Says Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SleemLDJ
Old
Thanks Meter 440
I use the earpiece from my HTC one and it sounds nice.

Only caveat is the music player of touchwiz is slow and dumb.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Current: OnePlus One
Retired:Nokia N70, Nokia N91, Nokia E71, Nokia E90, Nokia N97, Nokia N900, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung GNEX, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Nexus 4, HTC OneM7, Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to SleemLDJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 740
No, you should stop using crappy headphones.

I'm using AKG K323XS A Black with N7player and my own equalizer settings. Perfect sound on my Note 3.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rayman95
Old
Thanks Meter 487
Quote:
Thanks in advance ☺.
HTC one M8 is the best for audio
SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 [ROM 4.4.2] K.K Alexandr Light V13 By Rayman95 (765 Mo) [XXUFNF4]
Lean kernel V3.4 - Bootloader XXUENA6 - Modem N9005XXUFNF2
Odex with odexer tool V1.2 - CWM Philz touch V6.41.6

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note GT-N7000 [ROM] [4.1.2 JB] Slim Pristine personal XXLT4 v3.0 custom 290 Mo
HTC EVO 3D , Diamond, HD, HD2 Dutty V 26
ACER ICONIA TAB A500 rom J.B 4.1.2 CM10-FLEX_V6

The Following User Says Thank You to rayman95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

4aces
Old
Thanks Meter 675
Audio switch earphones

Quote:
With headphones .
Try over ear headphones or at least switch if you like earphones. I haven't had any issues with the sound using sl 150 headphones.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4aces For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mak_417
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default good music quality achived but with issues

I tried apollo + dsp manager yesterday with the bundled headphones and the sound quality was greatly improved but the installation of the dsp manager messed up the default music player and the system as they become not responding when I get notifications during apollo playback . Maybe I will try a cm based rom any recommendation for good ones .
Thanks.

jerryneyk
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Head on over to hi fi org. Music, get a separate player like a Fiio x3 or x5. My rig is an x3 with vmoda m100 headphones, powered by a portaphile 627 amp. Day and night totally. I hate carrying both around but sound on phones are anemic at best.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app